Saturday, February 11, 2012

TE February Key Ingredients


 

Today I have another post for you using the February Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions.  I created a photo tutorial to go along with my project as well, so it's a bit of a long post with LOTS of pictures! :)  I created this long heart box and card ensemble. 



1.  I started by die cutting 3 heart favor boxes using the Heart Favor Box Die. I cut two in the Arizona colored cardstock and one in the Beeswax

2.  Then I cut most of the top and bottom off of the middle box (the Beeswax color) and either the top or bottom of the remaining two boxes.  In the photo, the furthest left box will end up being the top of the long box, so I left the whole top and trimmed the bottom.  The furthest right box is going to be the bottom of the long box, so I trimmed the top of the box but left the bottom intact. 

3.  Next I cut angles on the trimmed tabs so that they would more easily fit inside each other.  The next three photos show the three assembled pieces of the boxes from the front, the top and the bottom.



4.  This step can be done before assembling the separate pieces, but I stamped mine after since I had to make sure the pieces would fit together.  I flattened the pieces and stamped them using the Vintage Dreamer set and added Sticky Tape to the tabs. 

5.  Attach the three boxes to form one long box.

6.  Here is an inside view of how they are attached.

7.  Since the back of the assembled boxes had some spaces, I cut a piece to fit the long box, stamped it and attached it to the back of the box for a finished look. 


8.  The last thing I did was adhere a piece of transparency behind the heart windows.

I filled the box with some Cadbury Mini Eggs, but since it's a long box, you can add longer items.  The only thing I had on hand were Fruit Roll Ups.  They didn't make for a nice picture with such an elegant looking box, so I didn't use them for the final project.  I did take a picture so that you could get an idea of the types of "long" treats that would fit in the box. 



I hope you've enjoyed today's project and tutorial!  You can see more creations today using the February Key Ingredients from Jessie and Jodi!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!









5 comments:

wendy said...

whow so pretty!...these little boxes are so sweet!

Jessie/knightrone said...

WOW, girlie...you still ROCK my world!! Awesome work!

Karen Giron said...

I LOVE this box - how clever is that??! The colors are beautiful together and I love the stamping on them too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely gift set Charmaine. Love the tall box. What a neat idea. :o)

Jodi Collins said...

Charmaine! LOVE how you created the tall box! INGENIUS! Gorgeous set my friend!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails