Monday, April 23, 2012

All Things Grow With Love


I am currently taking the A Cut Above Class at Online Card Classes and one of the latest die cutting techniques that was shown in class may be a new favorite of mine!!  You know how much I ADORE clean and simple cards. . .especially of the one layer variety!  Well, this partial diecutting technique takes one layer cards to a whole new level!

I used the All AFlutter Plain Jane, All AFlutter Die Set , leaf image from Bloom & Grow, the coordinating Elegant Leaves Die and smaller butterfly image from the Blue Skies set for my card.  The products are all from Verve Stamps.

I started by partially diecutting the butterfly and leaves along where the fold of the card would be.  (I die cut them before folding the card by using a 4.25"x5.5" piece of cardstock as a guide to know where the fold would be).  By partially diecutting them BEFORE folding the card, you won't have fold lines going through those images that "pop" above the card.  After diecutting, I stamped the images.  I added some flowers and colored the butterflies.  One of the little butterflies is popped up with foam tape.  Hard to believe this is a one layer card. . .well, unless you consider the popped up butterfly a second layer.  :) 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your week is off to a great start! 



5 comments:

Jen Shults said...

Hey! I'm taking that class too. I haven't had a chance to sit down at my craft desk much the last week or two for extra fun stuff and I'm so jealous! LOVE this!!! I adore those butterflies and I love the way you made the creative edge with the foliage and the butterflies! Gorgeous!

irishgalkelly said...

Oh my goodness Charmaine, this is GORGEOUS! I've never seen anything like it. SO pretty. Those Verve butterflies are my favorites! Gosh, I need to step up my card making skills after seeing this beauty. lol! I'll have to check out your online class. Didn't know something like that was out there.

Cheryl said...

Fantastic card! I love the die cutting above the card, and your coloring is beaultiful.

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card. I love the shape you made by die cutting it. The coloring you did on it is so pretty. It is so delicate looking.

Eveline said...

Wonderful card.
I tried this technique too and will again.
Eveline.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails