Friday, April 20, 2012

VLV Happy Birthday


Today is Friday and time for another Viva la Verve Sketch!  This week's hostess is Shannan!!  I decided to use the Small Celebrations set from Verve along with some of the Sugar Chic Collection from Heidi Swapp.  I created the arrows on the sketch with the Ribbon Banner Die.  I die cut two banners out of black patterned paper and then I just kept slidingabout 1/4" of the paper outside of the bottom of the die and cutting to end up with the arrows for the sketch.  (hope that made sense!)

I added some pink rhinestones along the frame.  The polka dot ribbon is from Stampin Up and I thought it matched the papers nicely.  As a finishing touch, I added messy stitches to the card.  We hope you'll come play along with this week's sketch! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Small Celebrations (Verve Stamps); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Ocean Depth (VersaMagic); Paper- Sugar Chic Collection (Heidi Swapp);  Accessories- Ribbon Banner Die (Verve Stamps), Melon Mambo Ribbon (SU), rhinestones (Taylored Expressions), circle and scallop circle punches (Marvy Uchida);  Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5"


1 comment:

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful job on those arrows!!! Love the papers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails