Thursday, April 19, 2012

Notes



During one of my browsing sessions on Pinterest, I came across this AWESOME teacher gift set by Kim O'Connell.  I fell IN LOVE with it!  What a gorgeous set Kim made!  I stored it on one of my pin boards with the intention of making something like it.  Well, Savannah's teacher's birthday is tomorrow, so this was the perfect time for this project!  I loved Kim's card so much that I CASED it.  I just changed the card base color (to make it more manly) and wanted to use my Edgers #5 Dies from Papertrey Ink to make little "file folder" cards.  I even added the little score lines on the left edge to make them more authentic!  LOL  The set used for this was Teacher's Apple along with the Mat Stack 3 Die


I printed out of sheet with my computer generated sentiment and then cut them into strips, matted them with Pure Poppy cardstock and mounted them to the Mat Stack 3 piece that was die cut out of True Black.  I stamped the apples in Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado and Dark Chocolate onto white cardstock and punched them out with a 1 3/4" circle punch. 

Once I had all the cards made, I started thinking about the packaging.  I decided it would neat to create an "expanding file folder" to hold the file folder notecards.  After trial and error on sizing, I finally created this box.  I used a Goody headband as the elastic to go around the box.  I punched a hole in the center of the lid flap, threaded the headband through and tied it in a knot on the other side.  The sentiment on the box is from the Take Note set.  The cards look like files in the box!  Hopefully Mr. D will like his birthday card set! 




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Teacher's Apple, Take Note (PTI); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate (PTI); Paper- Kraft, True Black, Pure Poppy (PTI);  Accessories- Edger's #5 Dies, Mat Stack 3 Die (PTI), 1 3/4" circle punch (SU), corner rounder, headband



7 comments:

Carolyn Mustopa said...

This is FABULOUS!!!!

Jen Shults said...

UM! this is a crazy brilliant idea! I wish one of my students would make it for me! LOVE LOVE LOVE that accordion file you made too... so perfect!

Linda Suarez said...

Absolutely darling! I love the little file folder cards. What a wonderful teacher gift!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Charmaine. I wish my kids were still little so I could do something like this! TFS

Kim O'Connell said...

HEY! Thanks for the shout out! What an honor to be cased by YOU! Love the set! Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Ingenious! WOW~~ What a fab idea.
I just love to see 'inventions' of this kind : ) Thanks for sharing~

Beate said...

Charmaine, this is awesome! I absolutely love the notes and that amazing file folder.
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails