Friday, March 8, 2013

Taylored Expressions March Spotlights: Treat Box and Vintage Dreamer



Welcome back for today's Spotlights on the newest release from Taylored Expressions!  In case you missed it yesterday, all of the new products are available HERE.  Today I have a couple of projects.  The first is a little treat box that features the From My Window set.  I created a little "Welcome to the Neighborhood" box using the 2-5-7-10 Box Tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. 

I filled the box with some Starbucks Via.  The papers are from the 9 to 5 Collection from October Afternoon.  Before assembling the box, I "embossed" the window on the box with the Arched Window Die so that I would know where to cut out the window.  Then I die cut the window in patterned paper and attached it to the box with foam tape over the cut out portion of the window.  Before filling the box, I adhered a window sheet to the window.  I die cut a butterfly using the Flutter-bys Dies and attached that to the top corner of the box. 

The second project I have for you uses the Vintage Dreamer set.  I used papers from the Walnut Grove Collection from Pebbles.  I started by diecutting a piece of patterned paper with the new Banner Stacklets 2.  I stamped and embossed the flourish from the set in white. 

I used two other new dies on this project as well. . .the Flutter-bys Dies and the Open Scallop Border Die.  To finish it off, I added some pearls and some stitching on either side of the banner.  I hope you've enjoyed the Spotlights today!  The rest of the Baker's Dozen has more fabulous creations for you!

Broni Holcombe
Carole Burrage
Jami Sibley
Jen Shults
Kerri Mchaud
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

SUPPLIES USED:   













7 comments:

Jami said...

Oh my goodness, Charmaine! That card is absolutley gorgeous. Simple.elegant and gorgeous! Your window box is adorable too - lov ethe idea of using the window that way!

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects, Charmaine! Love how you used the window in the treat box!

Natalie said...

Especially love that windowed box! So pretty and springy!! Gorgeous!

Wanda Guess said...

I love both of your gorgeous projects. That window die on the box is GENIUS girlfriend! It's awesome. Have a great weekend!

Davi said...

Love your little treat holder, fun way to used the window and the card is beautiful :)

Broni said...

What an adorable treat box! Love the butterfly and the window! And how awesome is that card! Love the combination of the woodgrain look and the white flourish!

Shannon White said...

Ooh.. Can I move into your neighborhood?.. ;-) What a super idea for Welcome to the neighborhood treat Charmaine!! Love it! And using the window is so Clever!! You know I am going to tuck this fab idea away for future use.. ;-) And OMGoodness your Vintage dreamer card is Gor-Juss!! Love every Beautiful vintage detail!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails