Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taylored Expressions March Sneak Peek: From My Window and Vintage Dreamer


Welcome to the first day of sneak peeks here at Taylored Expressions!!  We have some exciting new products to show you over the next few days, so stay tuned!  Today I am featuring the set From My WindowFrom My Window is a set of 14 that consists of "window scenes" and coordinating sentiments.  There is a coordinating Arched Window Die that is sold separately. 

For my project, I created a "wall" of a house on my card.  The papers are from the Family Ties Collection from Pebbles.  I used the patterned paper to create wallpaper and then scored the white cardstock on bottom to look like wainscoting.  The window was created with the Arched Window Die.  I added a piece of transparency to the window.  The scene was colored with Copic markers.  I used one of the negative pieces from the window to create the picture frame on the wall.  I added a small piece of patterned paper and used a brad and some hemp to "hang" it on the wall.



My second project is one I created when Vintage Dreamer was a Key Ingredients Subscriber Exclusive.   I stamped the box with the flourish image from Vintage Dreamer before assembling it.  To see how I created this box, you can view this blog post.   

And here is another previous project using the Vintage Dreamer set.  Vintage Dreamer is a beautiful set of 13 perfect for vintage cards.  I'll have a new project using this set later in the week!  ;) 

Please visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more sneak peeks!

Broni Holcombe - Guest Designer



10 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just gorgeous - I love the idea of making it look like your own home! You are a clever, clever girlie, Shortcake! :)

Jami said...

Love the wall you created and especially love the deatil of the little hanging picture! So cute and clever!

Sankari W. said...

How beautiful Charmaine!! I absolutely love how you created the homey scene - so lovely and soft and beautiful! xoxo!

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects, Charmaine! Love the sweet window scene you've created!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous scene, Charmaine! Love your scored wall and the yellow wallpaper is so pretty with your window!

Melody said...

Sweet projects! I love the window.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Beautiful!! I love how you made wainscotting! Brilliant! Such a pretty card... And, I remember your gorgeous Vintage Dreamer cards and still love them!!! :-)

Davi said...

Fab scene you created,love the pretty set and fun on with the typewriter!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow!! This is Fabulous Charmaine!! Love the pretty view you created!! The wainscoting looks AWESOME and I love the perfect dp's you chose for the wallpaper too! So Cheery and Homey!! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Broni said...

Wow! I love your window on the wall and the fact that you used the woodgrain for all the molding! Your treat box is just beautiful with the heart windows! And the typewriter card is too cool. Very retro looking in those colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails