Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thinking of You


Today's card is for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #144.  I used the Embrace Beauty set along with Discover Your Wings.  I started by stamping the silhouette flower image from Discover Your Wings onto white cardstock.  I created the cloud background by diecutting a scrap piece of paper with the Cloud Border Die and using the scrap piece as a template for sponging. 

I stamped the butterfly image from Embrace Beauty three times. . .once on the red cardstock and two more times to color and cut out the butterflies.  I added some Rock Candy Stickles to the entire cloud background piece as well as the butterflies.  It give a nice, subtle shimmer.  I used the Fleur de Lis Doily Motifs Die to matte the red circle.  The papers are from the Stella & Rose Gertie Collection by My Mind's Eye. 

Hope you find time to play along in the sketch challenge!  You could win a gift certificate to the TE Store!  Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Embrace Beauty, Discover Your Wings (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Tumbled Glass (Ranger), Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Stella & Rose Gertie Collection (My Mind's Eye), Bazzill; Accessories- Rock Candy Distress Stickles (Ranger), Plain Circle Nestabilities, Fleur De Lis Doily Motifs Die (Spellbinders), Cloud Border Die (Taylored Expressions);  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails