Monday, March 5, 2007

Yeah, Monday!

Well, today is finally here. Why would I be looking forward to Monday you may ask? Well, if any of you have ever had any children who started to get sick on a Thursday or Friday, I'm sure you couldn't wait until Monday came so you could take them to the doctor. My two daughters are both sick. YUCK! Savannah, my 3 year old has a double ear infection. Arwen, my 8 month old has a cold and cough. Arwen is just miserable. She doesn't sleep well because she just can't breathe. Savannah was miserable Friday and Saturday, slept a lot on Sunday and seems to be much better today. She still coughs and has a runny nose, but at least she's not crying and whining. My poor babies! :(

Right before running out the door to the doctor, I HAD to make a quick thank you card. I wanted to use the Creative Memories Bubblemaker punch because the card was going to the consultant who had the party for my friend last week. :) As soon as I saw the punch, I was picturing all my water-themed stamps. Since Silly Sealife was easiest to find, I used it. I watercolored the whale with ink pads and an Aquapainter. I stamped "Thanks" from the Think Big set in Night of Navy ink. The patterned paper looks like pool water and I used the Bubblemaker on that. I added the ribbon by punching two slots with the horizontal slot punch. The "Enjoy Your Day" from the Riveting set was a last minute thing. The card just looked empty. I also decided to pierce holes around the edges of the circle and the whale piece. If nothing else, I think the card looks fun and happy! I hope she likes it!
SUPPLIES USED: Stamps-SU Silly Sealife, Riveting, Think Big; Ink-Basic Black, Night of Navy, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise; Paper-DCWV; Paper piercer, circles punches, Bubblemaker from Creative Memories; grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This card is just so fun! I think I might need to invest in that CM punch!
~Angie Z.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Love this card. The image is just so cute, love the colors, and the Riveting stamp looks great. TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails