Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Jackie challenged the Prettie Girls to make a card using a dark and light shade of our favorite color. Well, my favorite colors (as far as stamping) change all of the time. I have LOVED Tangerine Tango since it came out, so I decided to go with that. I used Groovy Guava as the "lighter shade". It looked close enough to me! :)

I used the Home Sweet Home set from Paper Pretties. Coloring the building in a Groovy Guava reminded me of a nice, sunny, warm place to live. I used the Spots 'n Dots Cuttlebug folder on the Groovy Guava cardstock. Don't forget to check out what the other Prettie Girls have come up with for this challenge:

Christi Thorsen
Danielle Lounds
Frances Byrne
Jackie Pedro
Jackie Rakoski
Jana Weaver
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Jodi Collins
Julie Masse

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Home Sweet Home (Paper Pretties); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Tangerine Tango, Groovy Guava (SU); Accessories- Spots 'n Dots Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), Tangerine Tango ribbon (SU), Copic markers, white gel pen; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

12 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastic color choice! I love the tangerine too and you image looks wonderful against this shade. Awesome job.

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Charmaine! You do know how to rock the Tango!!! LOVE it with the Groovy Guava, and your coloring and layout are SUPERB!!! Awesome card my friend!!!

StampOwl said...

such pretty colors Charmaine

Unknown said...

Oh this looks so pretty!! I never would have chosen those colors but I love it - have to try those! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, I think this is my new favorite color combo...definitely one of them! Too bad I have no GG paper left :( But I think my SU friend does, so that's good! This is adorable, Charmaine!!!

Christi Flores said...

What a gorgeous color combo! I love this!!

Connie M. said...

So pretty, Charmaine! Love these colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous colors Charmaine!!

Alex said...

Ooh, FABULOUS color choices - what a pretty card, love this Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! What an awesome color combo! Who would have thought Tangerine tango and groovy guava! Gorgeous!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I love the Tangerine and Guava together! Great card, Charmaine!

Rose Ann said...

Cute image, fabulous coloring, and I love your texture & stitching!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails