Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Today I have a card that uses the latest Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge.  I used the Embrace Beauty set for my card.  Instead of just inking up the stamp as I normally would, I decided to use some Distress Stains to give the image a watercolored look.  I definitely like the way the soft watercolored look really makes the sentiment stand out.  If I had just stamped the image with ink, I don't think I could have stamped the sentiment over top unless I used a very light ink.  I love how this gives it a multi-colored image rather than one solid color.  I cut around the image and then matted it to a dark brown piece of cardstock die cut with the Plain Circle Nestabilities

I used papers from the Lost & Found Rosy Collection by My Mind's Eye.  I created the pearls with the Bronze Pearl Pen.  I LOVE how they look!  :)  I added some Stardust Stickles to the dragonfly, some matching ribbon and finished the card off with some stitching.  Come play along with this week's sketch challenge!  You can find all of details on Taylor's BlogSUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Embrace Beauty (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Distress Stains (Ranger);  Paper- Lost & Found Rosy Collection (My Mind's Eye);  Accessories- Plain Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stardust Stickles, Bronze Pearl Pen (Viva), ribbon;  Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"



1 comment:

Tracy said...

Charmaine this turned out stunning! Absolutely love these colors together. I literally had to do a double take with your pearls. I thought they were the stick on and they're not! They're so perfect!! Hugs,
Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails