Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Holds Upon Happiness


Today I have a little card that isn't my usual style.  Don't get me wrong, I love all the frilly, girly and elegant things like the next girl, but I'm usually drawn to bright, happy colors and funky patterns.  Cute and whimsical images are what I usually love to create with.  So, I really surprised myself when I was drawn to the Simply Jane set from Papertrey Ink.  I chalked it up to the silhouette images since I LOVE silhouette images for those days when I just don't feel like coloring.  :)  All I know is that when I started to create this card, I really fell in love with this set and the coordinating dies

I started by diecutting my card base using the Catillion Frame Die from Memory Box.  I'm not sure that this die was meant to be a card base, but it worked wonderfully as a note card once it was scored and folded in half.  Next, I used the Parisian Lace Doily Die to create a doily out of some patterned paper from the Almanac Collection from Prima.  I LOVE how it hangs over the top of the card.  Next I die cut the frame with the frame die out of some peachy patterned paper from the same collection and then stamped the frame with the coordinating stamp in Classic Kraft ink.  I attached the frame to the doily with foam adhesive and then I die cut the silhouette out of True Black cardstock.  I stamped both necklaces from the set in Vintage Cream ink onto the neck.  I die cut the flower out of the same peachy patterned paper and then stamped the flower using Canyon Clay and Spring Moss ink and adhered it to the silhouette with foam adhesive.  The sentiment was stamped in Onyx Black ink onto the card base. 

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Simply Jane (Papertrey Ink); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Vintage Cream, Canyon Clay, Spring Moss, Classic Kraft (PTI); Paper- Almanac Collection (Prima); Accessories- Simply Jane Die Set, Parisian Lace Doily Die (PTI), Catillion Frame Die (Memory Box);  Finished card measures 5"X4.75"



1 comment:

Beate said...

Charmaine, this looks AMAZING! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails