Monday, March 19, 2012

Make It Monday - Graduated Backgrounds

This week's Make It Monday Challenge is Graduated Backgrounds.  I decided to use the Copic marker version of this technique and a die.  First, I colored a piece of cardstock with two Copic markers from the Berry Sorbet Collection on a diagonal.  Then I die cut the colored cardstock with the Loopsy-Daisy Die to create my flower.  For the leaves, I used the Bloom Builders #2 Die.  I added a button with some Rustic Jute Button Twine tied in a bow to the center of the flower. 

Next, I die cut a piece of True Black cardstock with the Spiral Notebook Page Die and adhered it to the card base.  I stamped a sentiment from the Handwritten Notes set in Fresh Snow ink onto the black cardstock.  As finishing touches, I added some stitching to the top right edge of the notebook page and score lines on the top and bottom of the card.  You can find other entries to this month's challenge here.  Thanks for stopping by! 


4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Great idea to use the technique on the paper for the flower. Looks great !

Sadie said...

Love love love that flower!! Your card is also very pretty!

Suzanne Russell said...

Such a lovely way to express the challenge, Charmaine! I love the loopsy-daisy!

bjmartin said...

Love the use of the technique on the flower. Very creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails