Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TE Christmas in July Blog Hop

It's Christmas in July at Taylored Expressions and today, members of the Baker's Dozen are featuring Christmas creations or gifts for Christmas that incorporate the rectangular Perfect Packages! The rectangular Perfect Packages are sized perfectly for standard A2-sized card and envelope sets! What's even better is that they fold flat for easy storage until you're ready to use them! I just LOVE them!







For my project today, I almost made a card set with matching envelopes, but I decided to create a homemade holiday gift instead. . . and two versions of that. :) I used the Home Sweet Home set for the outside of the box and a sentiment from the Season's Sweetings set for the inside of the box. I thought this sentiment would be PERFECT for the gift! I also used the Polka Dot Frame Spellbinders set for the frame on the front of the box and Labels Four Nestabilities for the inside.


For the "first version" I made mini cupcakes decorated for Christmas and inserted them into a tray that I made to fit the bottom of the box and the cupcakes. These cupcakes are really simple to make and go further since you can fit half a dozen in each box.


The "second version" is a little more time-consuming. A little while ago, my sweet friend and fellow Baker's Dozen team member, Donna, made these Cupcake Bites that I thought were ADORABLE! I HAD to use them for this project. They are absolutely delicious and really impress people! All of the dipping and freezing takes extra time, but they are definitely worth it for your candy-loving friends! I put a piece of wax paper in the bottom of the box and then added the Christmas-decorated Cupcake Bites.


Both versions make a great Christmas gift, especially wrapped up in this Perfect Package! Be sure to check out what other members of the Baker's Dozen have created for the Christmas in July Blog Hop. . .I know they'll have awesome ideas to share with you!


Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Donna Baker
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Sankari Wegman
Jami Sibley and
Guest Designer Rachel Sztonyk

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

FABULOUS in every way Charmaine! I knew you would ROCK these boxes and you certainly did! Now, I am STARVING though after seeing all this deliciousness!!! Hope you and Isabelle are doing great!!

TannyP said...

Simply Gorgeous! And the addition of the cupcakes makes these boxes a wishlist item for me!

Sankari W. said...

Charmaine - your cupcake creations have me drooling over here!!! Can't believe you did all of this before the baby!!! You SO rock! LOVe the frame on the front of the card and the sentiment inside is spot on perfect! I wish there was a way to eat the cupcakes just by clicking my mouse on the screen! lol!!
Can't wait to hear more about your wee little one - sending you big congrats and big hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Karen Motz said...

YUM! Who wouldn't be happy to receive this delicious box of cupcakes!!! Love this idea!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

What a brilliant idea! Mmm, cupcakes!

jennifer hart said...

Darling idea but where's the cupcake bite recipe? ;)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Yummy! Your box is adorable and those cupcakes are making me hungry! What an amazing little set Charmaine! Hope all is well with you!

Donna Baker said...

I don't understand how you had the time or energy to this 9 mos pregnant~I'm convinced you are Super Woman! How cute to put cupcakes inside, that's an awesome holiday gift and the cupcake bites inside?! WOW-yummy! I wasn't lying when I said they were good, you can attest to that now! thanks for the link!

Cheryl said...

Those are great Charmaine, and would make great gifts! Very creative!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awesome idea Charmaine!! LOVE your sweet cupcake box!!

Danni said...

How fun! Very nice!

Jami said...

I LOVE that you used the Perfect Package for sweet treats! Your box is adorable and everything looks so yummy!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh WOW! What a fun package of goodies to receive! Love this idea, Charmaine!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

So Sweet! The packaging it just too adorable and those cupcakes look so delish. Simply Yummy!
:) Rachel

Karen Giron said...

I LOVE that gingerbread house in the frame, it's de-lish!

Chrisd said...

What a wonderful idea for your Perfect Package. Happy baby to you!

Monika/Buzsy said...

You are one busy Mama! Can't image how you do it with a newborn! Fabulous box... love the colors and the Bg frame. TFS!

Rose Ann said...

I love how you've decorated your box...and the goodies inside...MMMMMMM!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails