Thursday, March 29, 2007

Basic Grey


Don't you just LOVE this patterned paper? I sure do. It's Basic Grey's Stella Ruby. This card was made for Sketch Challenge 117 on SCS. It was a simple sketch, but I LOVE simple. I started with the Big Blooms set and stamped the big flower in More Mustard. Then I stamped the center of the flower in Old Olive and Ruby Red and attached them on top of the More Mustard center. I added "bling" that I found at Walmart to the center. I don't know how well you can see it in the picture, but the red flower center is 3-D. I attached little pieces of dimensionals behind it so it would stay raised. Then I arranged the words from the Paper Tray stamp set (from Paper Trey Ink) on the acrylic block in a curve to fit the curve of the flower. The finishing touch was the paper piercing around the flower and on the word window tab, as well as the little flower from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set (also from Paper Trey Ink) stamped on the word window tab. Thanks for stopping by! Oh, I forgot to add that I bought my Basic Grey paper from Doodliedoo! Julie has some great stuff, so be sure and check it out! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Big Blooms, Paper Tray, Butterfly Kisses; Ink- Basic Black, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Old Olive; Paper- Basic Grey Stella Ruby; Accessories- paper piercer, word window punch, bling from Walmart, dimensionals.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT card!!! I love everything about it-- especially how you arranged the sentiment-- so creative!!!
DeborahLynneS

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I added you to my blog roll! I love all the cards you make!! I'm glad your enjoying your BG papers and I know you will love the ribbon!

Michelle Tweedy said...

Such a great card. I'm going to have to find me some of that great Basic Grey Paper too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such yummy colors! Love the flower and the just smile sentiment in a circle. Another rockin' card!

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome...I love every yummy bit of it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks fantastic!

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails