Sunday, March 4, 2007

A Purr-fect Day!



I had to have this set after seeing cards on Julee's blog. She did such a gorgeous job with the cats on this card and this card and made me want to buy them. I absolutely LOVE these cats from Pink Cat Studio. If you haven't already, you must check them out. The shipping was REALLY fast too! As for this card, I decided to use one of the sets of VersaMagic Dew Drops that I got at Joann's. It was the Jewel Box set, which consists of Perfect Plumeria, Purple Hydrangea, Spanish Olive and Aegean Blue. I loved the color combo and found cardstock in my collection to match. The VersaMagic pads worked really well with my blender pen, so I was able to color in the cat that way. I masked the cat and used the A Muse small oval to ground her. The doodling was an afterthought. The card needed something, so I started on the bottom right side trying to imitate the cat's tail. The ribbon I found at Michael's on one of those little wooden spools. I got the sentiment piece idea here, on Stamping with Serendipity's Blog. It was designed by Craftingcrazy. What a neat idea! Thanks, Pam and Craftingcrazy for the great idea! The Horizontal Slot punch was used on both ends. Then I punched two pieces out of the same color blue paper with the Word Window punch and looped them through and attached with brads. The brads are from Making Memories. The sentiment itself was stamped in two steps since it was too long. I stamped "Have a Purr-fect" in the first step, then cleaned the stamp REALLY well and stamped "Day!" on the second line. I can't wait to do some more cards with this set. It's so much fun!

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a cute card! I love the layout you used - and that sentiment piece is really cool. Your doodling is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charmaine,
I love the colors in this card, and I absolutely adore the cute cat stamp! (I might have to get it.) It's such a fun card!
It is so sweet of you to add a link to my blog on your blog, I really appreciate it. I'll add a link for your blog on mine, also. Like you said, support is always good!;)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am loving those stamps and what you do with it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails