Monday, March 12, 2007

Technique Challenge 107


This was for the Technique Challenge (TLC 107) over at Splitcoast. It was to create a landscape a la Kittie747. This was much more fun than I thought it would be because I had no idea which stamps I was going to use. I ended up using the Happy Harmony set for everything but some of the flower stems. I used the flower in Bashful Blue for the flower tops, and in Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the grasses and stems. The only other stamp I used was the flower stem from Doodle This. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Old World Stack. I faux stitched that and the plain blue paper together using my white gel pen. I used my Spritzer tool with a Ballet Blue marker as the finishing touch. What a great challenge! If you haven't seen Kittie's work, you should really take a peek! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Happy Harmony, Doodle This (stem); Ink- Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Basic Black; Paper- DCWV blue, white, black, patterned paper from the Old World Stack; Accessories- gingham Bobbin Ribbon from Michael's, horizontal slot punch, small oval punch, blue Making Memories brad, paper piercer, white gel pen, Yo Yo Yellow WWC.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Amy said...

oh my gosh, this is GORGEOUS!!! Wow, a real stunner! Thanks so much for sharing it, I'll have to give the challenge a try this week!

Amy

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

So soft and lovely! I hope to get to this challenge done tomorrow.
~Angie

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great job on this beauty! Landscape cards are so hard for me. I really admire them, but just can't do them justice. Maybe I'll have to give this challenge a try - I heard Kittie made instructions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails