Thursday, March 29, 2007

An Image With Punch



Today's Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS was called An Image With Punch. We were supposed to use punches in a creative way. This was a challenge for me because since I've seen lots of flowers made with the oval punches, that's all I could think of. . .and looking at the other submissions made it worse because other people made these adorable bunnies and penguins, etc. I had no idea what to do. Then it hit me. . .what about the things I absolutely LOVE? Yes, you guessed it. . .Ladybugs! I used different sized circle punches for each ladybug. The spots on the little ladybugs are hand drawn since trying to attach punched circles that small would have been nearly impossible! :) I added some piercings for ladybug trails, and also as an accent in the upper right hand corner to frame the focal point. The sentiment I thought perfect since it looked like the ladybugs were "convening". The red circles that I cut in half for the wings have little dimensionals underneath so the wings look like they're ready for flight. Now that I've made this, I might have to make a few more of them! It was pretty easy and perfect for friends you haven't seen in a while! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Fiskars Clear stamps, Girlfriends; Ink- Charcoal Fluid Chalk ink; Paper- DCWV olive, red, black; Accessories- various circle punches, black marker, scissors, dimensionals, paper piercer, Offray ribbon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love it!!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

How darling ~ You and your sweet little bugs! :)
~Angie

Shanismom said...

this card is very cute. love the lady bug.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I love ladybugs! I haven't checked out that challenge, but I did notice a lot of things being created with punches.

Anonymous said...

Very cute-- what a neat idea!!!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea!!! I actually am not a fan of ladybugs . . . way too many of them in my house. :) but this is the cutest card done in such a creative way! Good job!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I love it.

Ladystamper said...

This is SO cute! I love the ladybugs! I will be copying this one!

Michelle Tweedy said...

So adorable. I love this way more that the penguins and bunnies I saw!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails