Friday, September 11, 2009

Weekend Sketch Challenge #97

It's Friday and time for another Weekend Sketch Challenge!
For this sketch, I used the The Places You'll Go set from Taylored Expressions. I just LOVE this set. . .especially having preschool and kindergarten-aged children! I omitted the sentiment that goes with the rocket so that I could use another sentiment in the set. I colored the image with Copic markers. I cut the focal circle piece and matte using Plain Circle Nestabilities. I added some piercings around the circle and lined them using a white gel pen. I added some Old Olive grosgrain as a finishing touch.


Be sure to check out what Beate, Cambria, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, MaryJo and Sharon have created using this sketch. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- The Places You'll Go (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Bashful Blue (SU); Paper- Nana's KIDS Stack (DCWV), Riding Hood Red (SU), Prism Papers; Accessories- Copic markers, Smooch, Old Olive grosgrain (SU), paper piercer, white gel pen, Plain Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Finished card measures 4.25" square

10 comments:

Beate said...

Charmaine, your coloring is beautiful! The stamps is sooo adorable and the whole card looks amazing!
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs and smiles

Sharon Harnist said...

Wonderful coloring on that rocket ship & sky, Charmaine -- such an adorable card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

That image and sentiment is sooo perfect for the pre-school and Kindergarten aged child. Great job!
Have a nice weekend.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is adorable Charmaine!! I LOVE what you've done with this sketch. The colors, the ribbon, and your fabulous coloring!! Awesome!!

Jennifer Aviles said...

Oh, Charmaine. this is my favorite image from that set, and this is just amazing. Beautiful and totally appropriate!

Lori Craig said...

Looks great, Charmaine! I love that little rocket, too. Super cute! The bright colors are FAB! Have a great weekend!

Danni said...

Very cute!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic Charmaine! I love that image!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute Charmaine!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is just adorable! Love the colors you used and the sketch works perfectly w/ that cute little rocket ship. I think I know what set I'll be using my TE gift certificate on!!! LOVE this!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails