Friday, February 20, 2009

Beate Weekend Sketch #69

It's Friday and time for another Weekend Sketch Challenge! I got this Stampin' Up set a little while ago, but this is the first time I've inked it up. . .a shame, I know! Of course, you know which image I HAD to use first, right? LOL I colored the image using Copic markers (with some highlights using a white gel pen) and added one of the tiny butterflies from the Martha Stewart 3 Butterfly punch to the panel. The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Phrases set from Verve.

Be sure and stop to see what Beate, Cambria, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, MaryJo and Sharon have created using this sketch! I can't wait to see! Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- A Flower For All Seasons (SU); Heartfelt Phrases (Verve Stamps); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate (PTI), patterned paper (DCWV); Accessories- Copic markers, paper piercer, brads (Making Memories), Threading Water punch (Fiskars), Summer Sunrise ribbon (PTI), 3 butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), white gel pen; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

SUCH beautiful colors and I love that satiny ribbon with the circle tab. Gorgeous coloring on that image too!

Lori Craig said...

Charmaine....I came to get your link and I started drooling...this is so darling. I love your image, your paper selections, the ribbon treatment, the butterfly. This is just wonderful! Happy Weekend, friend.

Angel said...

Is this real sticthing or faux? Definitely one of my favorites so far with this sketch! LOVE it!

Sharon Harnist said...

This set is adorable, Charmaine, and you've colored it beautifully! I knew I should have gotten that small butterfly punch -- it's perfect here! Love your bow accent!

Memories of Time said...

Gorgeous! I love the ribbon accent on the side... just brilliant! :) Have a great weekend Charmaine!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow this is so cute! i love the stitching and that pretty ribbon, and of COURSE the new butterfly punch that I don't OWN!!! LOL! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I thought of you when I first saw this SU! image:)
Enjoy your weekend.

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful card, Charmaine!

Missy said...

I love this card. Great job with the layout. I just saw that MS punch last weekend and so wanted to get it. But alas, I STILL haven't purchased any of her butterfly punches, what is wrong with me? hehehe

Rose Ann said...

I love your sweet and beautifully colored flowers!! Pretty papers, and I love the stitching, ribbon treatment, and little butterfly!! Beautiful card, Charmaine!!

Janine said...

Charmaine I love that sunflower image!! What a pretty pretty card!
Hope you are well and that you have a great weekend. I for one am glad that Friday is here.
We have a wedding to attend tomorrow which I have yet to make the card for and then celebrate my Mom's birthday on Sunday. That I have done!!

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Darling card Charmaine!! Love what you did with this sketch...those images are just charming!! Love the stitching and colors too!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Such a pretty card - great job!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Love your popped out butterfly!! :) TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is absolutely fabulous!! Love it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

LOVE it! So bright and springy!! Love the design too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Charmaine! Love the pretty image and the butterfly... the lay-out is great. TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails