Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Danielle challenged the Prettie Girls to use something "texture-y" on our card. A long while ago, I saw this stuff called Glitter Snow and I bought some. It is pretty neat. It's glittery and it looks/feels like plaster. I, however, don't use it very often because it's pretty messy. I usually use a small paint brush to apply it, but even with that, it's a little hard to control. I think it would work better on wood projects, etc. rather than cards. In any case, it does LOOK great on cards and adds a 3D quality to the image. I used the Snowflake Kisses set from Paper Pretties. Make sure you check out what the other Prettie Girls have come up with for this challenge:

Julie Masse
Jessie Rone
Jana Weaver
Jillian Winters
Danielle Lounds
Jodi Collins
Jackie Rakoski
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne

Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Snowflake Kisses (Paper Pretties); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), Sweet Branch Collection (Crate Paper); Accessories- Copic markers, Alene's Glitter Snow, paper piercer, Plumeria Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

16 comments:

Unknown said...

So great!! That snow looks so cool!! :)

Jodi Collins said...

SO super cute Charmaine! It may have been super messy but what an awesome result! LOVE this!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling, Charmaine! I love the row of dew drops down the side!!

Alex said...

WOW!!! This is just too too cute Charmaine - I love the dewdrops, the colors, and that snow looks amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jana Weaver said...

THe glitter stuff looks cool - snowflake truly looks like he's having a great time! :-) And I love the dew drops on there.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable and so many fun textures! You did awesome w this challenge! I love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute Charmaine!! I love it and all the dew drops!!

Melissa said...

Super cute Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

Tiffany said...

How sweet! It's adorable and I love all the dew drops you added. Very fun!!!

Kelly said...

What fun!! I love it!

Kristine said...

Super Duper CUTE! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love that sweet penguin. And you're right, the snow is awesome!!

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! What a fun card!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Darling, Charmaine! Love the yellow and the dew drops!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I love your snow & cute penguin!! Love all of the Dew Drops too!!

Danielle L. said...

Too cute Charmaine! He is so cute in his yellow hat and the snow is perfect!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails