Thursday, February 19, 2009

Groovy Ballerina

After pulling out my Groovy Guava cardstock last week, I thought I'd use it again with Sophia Ballerina, the Stamp of the Month Club stamp for March from Paper Pretties. I don't know why, but I LOVE to make clean, simple cards when using this stamp. I find it hard to add extra layers. Maybe it's because when I think of ballet, I think of the words "natural" and "graceful"-- and clean and simple cards usually fit into that category for me. Sophia is watercolored in Groovy Guava and I added some sparkle to her skirt with a Spica Clear Glitter pen. The band of embossing was made using my Scor-Pal and the Just My Type Cuttlebug folder. Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sophia Ballerina (Paper Pretties); Ink- Groovy Guava (SU); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), Groovy Guava (SU); Accessories- organdy ribbon (Darice), Just My Type Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), Aquapainter, Scor-Pal; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

12 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I just LOOOOOVE how you do white space. Beautiful!! I like the placement of the embossed dots.

Anonymous said...

Such sweetness on paper! Fabulous use of the swiss dot embossing with the sheer dotted ribbon. The spica glitter adds the perfect touch.

Bethany Paull said...

I LOVE how you did that stripe of embossing on this mosty white card. So pretty!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!!! I think she is so sweet she deserves the spotlight!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful! So elegant and soft. Love it!!

Angela K said...

I love this card and that image! Your coloring is perfect!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning Charmaine!!

Anonymous said...

I love your card and agree about color and the ballerina. It is a very delicate and dainty card and I think it is exquisite.Love your work. Sandy from Leonardtown, MD

Linda Beeson said...

What a sweet and adorable little dancer - how perfect is that amazing peach color you used! LOVE it!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful and elegant!! Love how sweet it is too!!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card - I love it!! :)

Danielle L. said...

I love how elegant it is! The embossing, layout, touch of Guava all combines for a perfect card Charmaine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails