Monday, February 9, 2009

To You From Me

This is for today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS, Cut It Out. . .to cut out a portion of an embossed design or patterned paper and add it to your card. I chose the Flower Circle Cuttlebug folder, which I haven't used in ages. I added a little color with pastels since the plain flower didn't quite look right. I'm still not sure I like the pastels, but at least they're subtle. :)

I don't know about you, but we had some BEAUTIFUL weather this weekend! It was close to 60 degrees, which is WARM for Pittsburgh in February! It's still nice today too. :) Hope your week is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by today! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Best Yet (SU); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Paper- Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky (SU), white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- clear button (FooFaLa), Circle Flower and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft); Water Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), pastels, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Charmaine...this is adorable! The layout is fantastic! :o)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oooh I LOVE that big flower and those dewdrops! So sweet!

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card...and I love the button center!! Glad you had a great weekend...we did too! (of course, not as unusual for us Californians. ;-)

Huggs,
Jana

Rose Ann said...

Your big flower is so pretty, and I love the button/ribbon accent!! Pretty colors and texture too!!

Denise Marzec said...

Adorable card, and I'm LOVIN' this gorgeous weather we're having here in PA. It'd be nice if it just STAYED this way, huh?! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!

Janine said...

This is so pretty Charmaine!!
Enjoy the nice weather... Spring is on it's way!!

Pam Speidel said...

It's a touch of SPRING! Super cute card Charmaine...so bright and cheery. I love the colors! Enjoy your weather...windy & rainy here in Nebraska today.

Unknown said...

Very cheery and pretty card!! :) Enjoy the sun! :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Look Charmaine!! I made it to your corner of the blogging world!!LOL! Love your card! Great flower!!

Erika M. said...

Beautiful card - love the flower!

Nancy Riley said...

Such a cute card, Charmaine! Makes me dream of spring!

Michele Kovack said...

This is super cute!!! And we too have had unseasonably warm weather! 60's tomorrow!! Yippeee!

Anonymous said...

I love flowers, this one is perfect!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! Charm~~this is so pretty! I absolutely have never used that embossing folder as I couldn't figure out how to make it "work". Thanks so much for sharing your brilliant idea to cut it out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails