Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prettie Wednesday

Two weeks ago, Jodi challenged the Prettie Girls to make a "card of ones". . .one layer, one embellishment, one image, one sentiment. This is just my kind of challenge! :) The only thing I had to keep myself from doing was adding piercings across the top. LOL I couldn't live without my paper piercer, you know. . .but that would make two embellishments, so I had to hold off on this card. I decided to bring out some summer stamps. It's been so sunny lately even though it's been cold and the girls keep asking about going swimming in Aunt Donna's pool this summer, so I was inspired to use the Beach Bum set from Paper Pretties. Doesn't it make you excited for summer? I know I can't wait! Be sure and check out what the other Prettie Girls have created for this challenge:
Julie Masse
Jessie Rone
Jana Weaver
Jillian Winters
Danielle Lounds
Jodi Collins
Jackie Rakoski
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Christi Thorsen
Frances Byrne

Don't forget, Sunday March 1st, Paper Pretties will be having their monthly Stampin In Your Jammies party!! The party starts at 7pm EST. We will be issuing a challenge every hour so be sure to come and play along!! Besides the challenges, chatter, and all around fun, we will also be releasing Bunny Hop Sophia to the public as well as a new stamp set!! Sneak peeks start on Friday, February 27th!! Hope to see you there!! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Beach Bum (Paper Pretties); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific); Accessories- Copic markers, Riding Hood Red Ribbon (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exquisite blending! This is wonderful and I love your watercolor look.

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! I reached for my paper piercer too! Isn't that funny? I LOVE this!!

StampOwl said...

adorable card Charmaine

Anonymous said...

No layers, well I am out!! LOL I don't know if I could do it, but you pulled it off perfectly!

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Perfect coloring too! :)

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute...love how you used the red! And yes...it is too funny that we used the same stamps!! LOVE it! Guess we're both ready for some sun!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Charlie! Love that ribbon!

Jackie Pedro said...

Charmaine, this is DARLING! Love the red ribbon...

Jessica Diedrich said...

Adorable Charmaine! The red ribbon makes it pop!

Jodi Collins said...

FABULOUSNESS Charmaine!! LOVE what you did for this challenge!! Your coloring is stunning and I LOVE where you placed the ribbon!! WOW!! [Thanks for actually LIKING my challenge too!!!}

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FABULOUS...I bow to you, oh Queen of the White Space...hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails