Monday, December 22, 2008

Monogram Card Sets

I decided to make a few card sets as gifts using Lauren's My Timeless Template, All Boxed Up. It sure does make for a beautiful gift and it's very simple to put together. I think choosing the paper took the most time! However, the card box didn't always look like this. LOL There is a little story that goes with this pink one, and I thought I'd share it with you. I KNOW you'll appreciate it! So, at the time I was finishing up this set, I was a little pressed for time because my mother-in-law (who the gift was for) was due to arrive in about 15 minutes. Because I didn't have much time, I made the outside of the card box VERY simple. . .like this:

I was so proud of myself that I finished the whole set in minimal time and I went to show my husband the finished product. All he heard was a "You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" yelled from the kitchen area. He, of course, thought something happened with one of kids and came running. Instead of finding one of the kids in a mess, he found me holding this:




YEP! Black ink smudged all over the front! I KNOW you're all appreciating this right now because I know you've all been there at one point too, right? So, that's how the scallop-bordered piece of cardstock ended up along the left side of the box! I actually DO like it better, so it ended up a fortunate accident!



My mother-in-law LOVED her gift and all was well! I also made a set in blue for another recipient. I hope she likes it too! Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're staying warm! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Borders and Corner Circle (PTI), Special Occasions Font (JustRite); Ink- Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze (SU), Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper- Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze (SU), white (Georgia-Pacific), patterned paper from Boy and Girl Nursery Stack (DCWV); Accessories- scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch (SU), Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder (Provocraft), organdy ribbon (Darice), All Boxed Up Template (My Timeless Template, PTI)
















15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, these are beautiful. I love how you cuttlebuged the white and made that the outside DP, never thought of that. That is why I cyber-stalk your blog, for ideas!!! LOL Hey, I have made more mistakes like that and covered them up with Primas, ribbons, buttons, whatever I can get my paws on!
Ready for Christmas??

Rose Ann said...

These are so pretty and feminine, Charmaine!! I love the papers, and the accident made for a lovely re-design!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous gift sets Charmaine! LOL...sounds like something that would happen to me! Love the lace border that you added to cover it up...so soft and pretty!
Happy Holidays!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow are these GORGEOUS! That paper is perfect and makes for such an elegant gift set...I love them!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh yeah...ink smudges after a project is done...been there! Good thinking to add the scalloped white though...looks very pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I do that ALL THE TIME!! I get so mad at myself too...atleast you were able to fix it!! Gorgeous box girl, I am sure both recipents will love them!!

Christi Flores said...

Oh yea! I think everyone has been there one time or another. Fantastic save! I love it with the scallop!!

Nancy said...

These are beautiful sets! Been there with the accidental inking...like dropping the pad on what I just edge inked...#&$@*%...so ended up "pouncing" the ink pad over entire monogram to cover my boo-boo tracks. :)

Kristine said...

What gorgeous sets, Charmaine! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! You'd never know you made a boo boo - it was meant to be!! I need to try those boxes - s pretty!! :) Hope you're having a great week! :) Big Hugs!

Lori A. said...

Gorgeous!! I think the boo boo was a great mistake! :)

Michele Kovack said...

These are beautiful!!!!

Donna Baker said...

I call those happy accidents because it turned out nicer than before! It happened to me the other day with a bouquet of flowers I painstakingly stamped, masked, colored and smudged black right at the end - ended up cutting them out & placing on black c/s and now they pop! it's so lovely (now I know how it would look if I made one for me. Bet she's going to adore it

Tandra said...

Beautiful card sets! I love when I fix a boo-boo it turns out better!
Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails