Friday, December 12, 2008

Simple Merry Christmas

Yesterday in the mail, I received some really cool Cuttlebug folders that I ordered from Stamper's Dream. I got the Frills set and the Just My Type set. I think I got the last Just My Type set, though. :( Sorry! What's so cool about these folders is that they are made up of 5 skinny border folders! So, imagine the normal A2 Cuttlebug embossing folder, but instead of the whole folder measuring 4.25x5.5, there are 5 skinny folders
that together make up that size. I hope that makes sense. I used one of the "strip" folders for the border on this card. After I embossed the edge, I cut around the embossing to give that nice finished edge.
The stamps are Poinsettia Christmas from Verve. I just love these poinsettias with white and gold. It's so clean and simple. I used a metallic marker to edge the focal piece in gold. I think cutting out the one poinsettia took the most time on this card. Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend is off to a great start! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Poinsettia Christmas (Verve Stamps); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Red Riding Hood (SU), Ripe Avocado (PTI); Accessories- Frills Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), gold metallic marker (Rose Art), gold ribbon (PTI), gold stickles; Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

15 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

Great card!!! I think I am going to have to pick some of those up too!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is gorgeous, Charmaine! I really need to embrace the white space more, but I feel like I don't do that great of a job of it. But this....this is so beautiful! I LOVE it!

Deborah said...

Love this card! I love the beautiful simplicity of it! Merry hugs to you and the bugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Charmaine! The stamp set is just gorgeous, and the Cuttlebug Frills set in the way you used it is absolutely the perfect compliment!!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful poinsettias, and I love that new Cuttlebug edge! Gorgeous design!

Kristine said...

Very elegant! I love those poinsettias--they aren't always so cute, but these are. Nice edging at the bottom too :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Charmaine, this is just GORGEOUS! I love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, I knew I should have gotten some of those. This one is gorgeous, as is your whole card. I love the pop of red pointsettias on all the white.

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautifully done!

Rose Ann said...

This is another beauty, Charmaine!! I love your beautiful poinsettias and your wonderful edging!!

Bethany Paull said...

I've been wanting those folders and they never seem to be in stock when/where I look. You make the most fab clean and simple cards. TFS.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your gorgeous Poinsettia panel on that clean, crisp white bg!! Stunning!!

Donna Baker said...

this card is so elegant, love it

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is SOOO gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Love the border and beautiful poinsettias!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails