Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Votive Wine Glass Shade

Yesterday's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS was to make a Vellum Wine Glass Votive Shade. I haven't made one of these in a while. I pulled out my Season's Sweetings set from Taylored Expressions and thought I'd use the little cuppie all tangled in trimmings. Unfortunately, the cuppie looks a little washed out on the vellum, but I was afraid of making the face too dark. The "stickled" lights really look adorable when the battery operated tealight shines from inside. For the trim, I punched out a punch of circles and attached them to the underside of the shade. Then I coated the outside edge with a layer of Platinum Liquid Pearls. It looks nice and shiny. I couldn't find a small enough wine glass, so I ended up using a small vase that worked just fine. If you'd like to make one of these adorable little shades, you can follow the link above and find the pattern for the lamp shade! Have fun! Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Season's Sweetings (Taylored Expressions); Paper- Basic Black (SU), vellum, red from Christmas Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions), green from Halloween Key Ingredients (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Accessories- Christmas Red Stickles, Lime Stickles, circle punch, Super Jumbo circle punch, Mega scallop circle punch (Marvy Uchida), Liquid Pearls in Platinum.

13 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute! Love the colors and the cute image you used. :o) TFS!

Janine said...

How cute is this Charmaine!!! I love it!!
Have a good one.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous and sweet Charmaine!! Love the trim!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so adorable!! Love it!!

Kristine said...

Oh wow..that actually turned out REALLY REALLY CUTE!! :) Neat idea Charmaine. Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Adorable! Love the trim on the bottom!!! :)

Catherine said...

too cute, Charmaine :)

Barbara Schram said...

How fun is this stamp on this shade! SOOO cute, I love those battery operated votive lights, they are perfect for papercrafts!Hope you are doing well, Charmaine!

Carolyn King said...

adorable. i havent done one of these before--might have to give it a go!

Deborah said...

This is a wonderful project! Just adorable Charmaine! Merry hugs to you and the bugs! Deb

Christi Flores said...

This is such an adorable project Charmaine!! I love this!!

Rose Ann said...

This is just adorable...and what a great idea!! I love that image and your pretty trim!!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

OMGosh how cute!! I love this so much!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails