Thursday, December 16, 2010

Celebrate the Season

It's that time to put finishing touches on teacher gifts and create cards that will accompany those gifts.  I like using the "heavy" embellishments for cards that won't be mailed, but rather hand delivered.  When I say "heavy", I just mean things that have a lot of dimension or that won't travel well through the mail.  These pearls are one of those things.  I LOVE using them, but when I saw a card I sent someone with some pearls that were split in half when they arrived, it made me rethink using them.  :)  I don't always use a lot of embellishments to begin with, so to have the ones I do use end up demolished kind of defeats the purpose!  So when I can hand deliver a card, I load it up with embellishments like this!  :)

For this card, I used the Sparkle & Cheer set from Taylored Expressions.  I added some Kaisercraft Pearls in red and pearl for the bulbs on the tree.  I die cut the image using the Plain Oval Nestabilities and sponged around the edges of the die.  I used the Take Note Die 3 for behind the focal piece. 

I tied some ribbon and added a Christmas Tree Trinket stick pin and finally, the sentiment tag tied with some Baker's Twine

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

April said...

Lovely card! I love the layout too.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Just place a single layer of bubble wrap over the front of your card to protect it! It's a great way to reuse bubble envelopes. Just cut them up and add a piece with the card in the envelope.

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the gems on your tree!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is SO gorgeous, Charmaine. Love the ornaments on the tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails