Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Manly Thank You

My husband has been asking me for quite a while to make him more thank you cards.  He uses thank you cards regularly in his field.  I don't know why, but every time he asks, it takes me a couple of weeks to create something.  It's not that the cards take that long to mass produce, I guess it's a challenge for me to come up with something masculine that's a little more on the formal side.  Masculine cute comes pretty easy for me, but that's not what my husband wants.  :) 

So, I put my mind to the task of coming up with something last night.  Once I decided on the design, the mass production didn't take too long at all.  I decided Kraft was a good start.  It can look formal without looking "frilly".  Next I decided that I wanted to use the Framed set from Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the box on the card fronts in Burnt Umber ink.  The next thing I decided on was the focal piece.  I used the frame and image from Places Please to create the sentiment panel along with the coordinating Placecard die.  The sentiment is from the Mat Stack 1 Collection.  I thought using the placecard as a layer on a card added more use to that set for me since I don't often create placecards.  I also thought it worked very well with the Framed set.  

The last thing I did was cut pieces of Kraft cardstock that would fit inside the Framed box and embossed it using the Picnic Plaid Impression Plate.  This went pretty quickly because I could send two pieces through my Cuttlebug at a time on the impression plate.  The last little touch was sponging the edges before adhering it inside the box.  The sentiment was stamped in Walnut Stain Distress ink because I needed a deeper brown.  The image on the placecard was stamped in New Leaf

So, there's my latest mass production.  The important thing is they are DONE and my husband loves them!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a wonderful day!  SUPPLIES USED:  Stamps- Places Please, Framed, Mat Stack 1 Collection (PTI); Ink- Burnt Umber (Palette), Walnut Stain Distress (Ranger), New Leaf (PTI);  Paper- Kraft (PTI);  Accessories- Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, Placecard Die (PTI);  Finished cards measures 4.25"x5.5"

7 comments:

Danni said...

These turned out so wonderful!

Amy Kolling said...

You sound like me! My hubby asks for cards all the time and it seems the occasion is over before I have the card made! LOL That being said, these are genius. I would love to CASE these....they are absolutely manly!

Wedding photo thank you notes said...

They say simplicity is beauty, this is the best example of simple but beautiful cards.

Beate said...

Charmaine, this looks amazing! I love the focal point, I love the simplicity of this card. It's a perfect masculine card.
Hugs and smiles

Kathy Martin said...

Very elegant!

paula e. said...

what a great masculine thank you - you hit a homerun with this one.

bristowmom said...

Great inspiration - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails