Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays

As I was briefly looking through my Google Reader the other day, I saw this sketch on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog and loved it so I thought I'd play along!  Normally I would have left the card all white and just added the strip of cardstock and the circle as in the sketch, but I decided to add a bit more color and use some patterned paper for the base of the card. 

I used the Penguin Pals stamp set from Taylored Expressions along with the Snow Day Project Pantry kit.  I colored the penguin using Copic markers and added some Stardust Stickles to his Santa hat.  I also used the Scalloped Eyelet Border Die for the edge of the cardstock strip.  As a finished touch, I faux stitched around the edge of card with a brown marker.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Sunday! 

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is simply adorable!!!

Teresa Kline said...

hey Charmaine this is so cute....I luv the addition of the patterned paper...Merry Christmas to you and your family friend!

enjoy *~*

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a cute card - lovely soft colours. Very pretty!

Cornville Country Crafts said...

Love your colors!! Thanks so much for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails