Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be Inspired #27

I had a really tough time with this week's Inspiration Challenge. I think the pattern on the scarf was throwing me off, so I decided to just go with the colors and forget the pattern! LOL I still have LOTS of last year's In Colors left. I still LOVE them! :) I used Purely Pomegranate and River Rock for this card. I used the Textile Cuttlebug folder on the background and highlighted parts of it with a white gel pen. I stamped the Watercolor Pressed Flowers by Paper Inspirations in Purely Pomegranate and River Rock for a shadow effect. The sentiment is from the Happy Greetings set by Hero Arts. You can find the stamps and the Cuttlebug folder at Stamper's Dream.


Make sure you stop by to see what Beate, Danielle Lounds, Dawn McVey, Jennifer Buck, Silke Ledlow and Susan Roberts have been inspired to create today. I'm sure they will ALL be just gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Watercolor Pressed Flower (Paper Inspirations), Happy Greetings (Hero Arts); Paper- Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Chocolate Chip (SU); Ink- Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Chocolate Chip (SU); Accessories- Textile Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), white gel pen, small oval punch, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon (SU); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmain - I think you've made a super gorgeous card - love your take on the scarf!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This card is GORGEOUS! Love that big, yummy ribbon and the soft watercolor look. SO pretty!

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. Your card is stunning. Boy...I love that image. You always tempt me so bad with non SU images. LOL
Love the colors you picket. The card is just beautiful!
Have a wonderful day! Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Charmaine, this is just sooooooo beautiful and elegant! My favorite kind of card! I absolutely love it!

Catherine said...

And to think you had a tough time with this one... just GORGEOUS!!!

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous!

Susan Hackney said...

Beautiful card!

Michelle said...

Very, very pretty Charmaine, your card is soo much like the scarf.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Charmaine! Love the big satin bow.

Melissa said...

Beautiful Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

This card is FAB-O! Love it, so pretty and elegant :) Great job!
Keesh x

Jennifer Buck said...

Charmaine! This is so beautiful! I LOVE it! The ribbon is perfect for this! :)

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! This is stunning! Beautiful work, as always Charmaine. :)

Unknown said...

beautiful card - the colors are so rich and pretty!! :)

Deborah said...

Lovely card Charmaine! I adore this stamp, gorgeous floral! Hugs to you and the bugs! Deb

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow Charmaine, this is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Shawntel said...

I love the background! It looks very similar to the scarf! So Pretty! I like how you did the highlights with the gel pen! Great Job!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

this is SO gorgeous I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!
what elegance!!

Janine said...

Oh my word Charmaine This is just beautiful!!! Love that ribbon!

Erum Tasneem said...

YOU ARE RIGHT, THE SCARF IS WEIRD! lol bUT YOUR CARD IS NOTHING CLOSE BEING WEIRD, IT IS BEAUTIFUL
i like what you did in the background.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is stunning, Charmaine!! I LOVE it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails