Friday, October 17, 2008

Beate Weekend Sketch #62

It's time for another one of Beate's Sketches! I just LOVED this sketch! I always used to make standard 4.25"x5.5" cards. Now I just LOVE to make this size (3"x6") and the 4.25" square. It's been at least a week since I made a long card, so I was excited to use this sketch! :) I used the Pocket Silhouettes set for this card and the Bella Rose Designer paper. I inked up the flower stamp in Red Riding Hood and then colored the stems of the flowers over with an Old Olive marker. Since it "needed" something else, I added the butterfly using the Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly punch. Make sure you stop by to see what gorgeous creations Beate, Cambria, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, MaryJo and Sharon have come up with for this sketch! Thanks for stopping by today and have a WONDERFUL Friday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Pocket Silhouettes (SU); Paper- Bella Rose, Chocolate Chip (SU); olive (The Paper Company), white (Georgia-Pacific); Ink- Red Riding Hood, Old Olive (SU); Accessories- Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain, 1 3/8" circle punch, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip markers (SU); Royal Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), paper piercer; Finished card measures 6"x3".

26 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Love the big pink polka dots! This is so cute! Have a wonderful weekend, Charmaine!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the colors and great job on her sketch!

Sharon Harnist said...

Such pretty colors together, Charmaine -- I love your ribbon tied tab and that pretty chocolate butterfly!

Beate said...

Charmaine, your card came out amazing! I LOVE the paper you chose, I love the stitching, the flowers, the half circles and butterfly. AWESOME card.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs and smiles

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my gosh! This is fabulous!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Erum Tasneem said...

oooooohhh Now that is GOOD! Love your paper! love how you chose not to add the sentiment on the semi circle! Out of thebox thinking! Very very good job! Love it!

Memories of Time said...

Hmm... not sure my comment went through, so I'mm do another one! AWESOME card babe!! Have a super weekend!!

Jennifer Aviles said...

I *adore* this card with the paper, the little tab with the ribbon on the side, the butterfly. . ooh, it's perfect.

Jenn in GA said...

first thing i thought of when i saw this was, "there's a BIG oodabug hiding on that card!" love the little bow at the top.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Won't I see you on the cruise???

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Charmaine!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love what you did with the sketch, especially the added tab and ribbon up in the right-hand corner. Great colors too!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS~!!! Love your take on the Sketch!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Love your take on this sketch! Gorgeous as always!

Kim said...

So cute!! Love the ribbon and the butterfly!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the red and pinks!

jjcreations said...

Very pretty. I like the brown accents. Joan

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful, love the colors the flowers, and the butterfly.

Catherine said...

love everything about it :)

Bethany Paull said...

Oh Charmaine! I LOVE THIS! It is completely gorgeous perfect!

~amy~ said...

Charmaine, soooo cute...your choice of dp and images is perfect!

Nancy Riley said...

NEAT card, Charmaine! I love the way you stamped the Pocket Silhouettes, and your choice of designer papers is FANTASTIC! LOVE it!

Kristine said...

Oooo..LOVE this Charmaine!! :) Love the dp you used...polka dots are my faves. Beautiful stamped section too...that's just gorgeous. GREAT CARD. Love the new size too ;)

Ashley Newell said...

What a lovely card!

Deborah said...

You did a fantastic job on this sketch! Beautiful card! Hugs to you and the bugs! Deb

Rose Ann said...

I love your big polka dots, and pretty flowers!! Your little butterfly, sewing, and pretty ribbon treatment gives the perfect touches to your fabulous card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails