Sunday, October 19, 2008

Short and Sweet

Here's a quick and simple little card I made with some supplies I just had sitting on my desk top. Instead of putting them away, I thought I'd make something with them! Simple, but happy and colorful, I think.

As you're reading this post, I'm on my way to the Stamp & Cruise. I still can't believe I'm going! I have my wonderful husband to thank for that as he STRONGLY encouraged me to go. :) I'm sure many of you moms know what I'm talking about when I say I'm REALLY struggling with leaving my kids. At the same time, I'm very excited for the cruise and to meet some new, wonderful people! I know the kids will be very well taken care of, but I've never really been away from them for an extended amount of time. Yikes! I just wanted to let you know that if you try to contact me, I won't be able to get back to you until I return. I have posts scheduled for you all week, so you won't really miss me! :) As always, I really appreciate your visits and your comments! You always brighten my day! Have a great week! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Floral Whimsy, Fluttering By (Verve Stamps); Paper- DCWV, vellum, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi (SU); Ink- Onyx Black (Versafine), Wild Wasabi, Red Riding Hood(SU); Accessories- Martha Stewart border punch, paper piercer, Black polka dot organdy ribbon (May Arts), Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU), Finished card measures 4.25"x5.5"

21 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness! I am soooo envious! Have fun......oh - love your card - that black is really striking!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Charmaine, how exciting. Have a wonderful time. Hope you don't miss the kids too much but are able to relax and enjoy yourself while you can....child free;-)

Jocelyn said...

Have fun on the cruise! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Charmaine!! Have a great time on the cruise!!

Terri said...

Hope you have a great time on the cruise, Charmaine! Can't wait to hear all the fun details when you return!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is beautiful, Charmaine. Love the colors. Have a fabulous time on the cruise! :)

Melissa said...

Have a fantastic time Charmaine!

Many Blessings,
M.

Missy said...

love the card. Julee's butterflies are just too fun.
Have fun on the cruise. I do understand leaving the kids. I got choked up just thinking about it. You have a wonderful husband and I wish I could be there with you.

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Charmaine!! I love the papers, and pretty butterfly!! Love the trail you've made too!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Sweet card! Have an Awesome time on the cruise!!! I can't wait to her about it!!!

Anonymous said...

oh what a cute card. you are so lucky to be on the cruise!!! hope you have a great time!!!

Jules said...

Have a super duper time!!!!! :) Julie

Michele Kovack said...

Have a great time Charmaine!!! Love this card too!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Charmaine! I understand you not wanting to leave your kids but it sounds like you have a WONDERFUL husband and they will be well taken care of(spoiled I'm sure) while you are gone. Enjoy that trip!!! Wow! Sounds exciting!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful card Charmaine and have a wonderful time on the cruise!

Anonymous said...

I love your card. The colors are so biright and cheerful. I wish I could just come up with ideas that quickly. It takes me forever to select colors let alone use things just sitting on my table. Thanks for your inspirations and I hope you enjoy your cruise. Sandy from MD

Kimberly Crawford said...

This is fabulous!! And from scraps? Amazing!

Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!! :)

Deborah said...

Love your sweet card Charmaine! Enjoy your stampin' cruise! You deserve a break! Whoo hoo! Ahoy maty! Hugs to you Miss Cruiser! Deb

Christi Flores said...

Have fun on the cruise sweetie!! I'm sure you're going to have a blast but I know exactly what you mean about missing your kiddos. I have never been more than a night away from my kids.

Your card is gorgeous!!!!

Janine said...

Beautiful Charmaine!! Amazing what you can make just with the tidbits on your desk isn't it???
Hope you are well and that you have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats - what fun for you. On the other hand, I completely understand the uneasiness that comes with leaving our little ones. Enjoy your time away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails