Monday, October 13, 2008

Boo Memory

Here's a little something I made a while ago, but never shared with you. As many of you know, my daughter Savannah has a severe peanut allergy. Because of her allergy, Halloween can be very tricky and not so treaty for us! There is candy that is safe for her, but a majority of candy (especially the kind that most people give out) is not safe for her. Before my list of safe candy grew, I would substitute "treats" for things like this. . .a game. I used the Trick or Sweet set from Taylored Expressions to make a Memory Game for Savannah. She's always loved to play Memory, so I thought she'd LOVE a new set of cards with a Halloween theme! I found these chipboard coaster in the Target $1 bin, so I used my Coluzzle and cut out circles for the fronts and backs of the coasters. I stamped the images and colored them in with Copic markers. The circles are attached to the coasters with Liquid Laminate. For the backs I used the Frightful Night set and the Spunky Alphabet.


Since making these cards, the girls have played with them A LOT! They are still holding strong, but we've lost one card that I can't seem to find. I may just have to make another one! LOL Thanks for stopping by and have a great start to your week! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Trick or Sweet, Frightful Night (Taylored Expressions), Spunky Alphabet (SU); Paper- white (Georgia-Pacific), patterned (DCWV); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Accessories- chipboard coasters (Target $1 bin), Copic markers, Liquid Laminate (Beacon), Coluzzle.

27 comments:

~amy~ said...

Charmaine what a super fun idea!!! GREAT use of the T $ spot coasters!

Unknown said...

These are adorable Charmaine!! My girls would love this too! What a great project!~ :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Charmaine, how cute are these?! Glad the girls are having fun playing with them!!

Julie Campbell said...

I just LOVE the way you think! These are AWESOME!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fantastic idea!! Love these Charmaine!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cute game! Love the coloring and the back side with the tree and 'goo!'. TFS!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine what a great idea!!!! I love that if one is lost you can make a new one to replace it!
~Diane

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How adorable and clever Charmaine!! You are a creative genius!! I'm sure this set is treasured!!

Missy said...

Now this is such a great idea. How fun to be able to get the kids to do something fun and learn at the same time. This would be great for numbers, letter, shapes, etc. I might have to do this for my pre-K son. So cool, TFS!!!

Beverley said...

Such a lovely idea. I hope you don't mind but I have tagged you at my blog. http://littleshopofcrafts.blogspot.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so cute! What a great little project!

Janine said...

Charmaine.. What a fabulous idea!!

Mary Jane said...

This is a great idea. We trade our 4 year old daughter safe treats for the candy she gets when trick-or-treating because of her food allergies. She actually likes getting the spider rings, pencils and playdoh in her bucket when she makes the rounds. We trade her puzzles, cards, princess stuff, etc. for the candy and my husband eats it instead. :) Thanks for this idea. She loves "go fish" so maybe a memory game would be fun too.

Terri said...

This is a darling set, Charmaine...the backs are as cute as the fronts! Great idea!!

Rose Ann said...

What a great idea!! These images are so darling, and work so perfect for the memory game!! I LOVE this, Charmaine!!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

AHHHG! My son is a FREAK for memory games right now! We've got three of them and he STILL wants to find new ones on the internet. Can you smell that? That's the smell of stocking stuffers!!!
Thanks Charmaine!

Hquinzelle said...

These are great!

Lori Craig said...

You are a wonderful mom, Charmaine! Love this idea! And, I adore you for making them for your little girls! YOU ROCK!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a fabulous idea, Shortcake! I love this, and I know your kiddos do too -- just think of the blogpost (or whatever they do in the future) they'll make about the memory set their awesome mama made them! :)

Catherine said...

What a great idea, Charmaine :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

How cute this set is Charmaine! Fabulous idea!

Ashley Newell said...

How fun is this? I love them!

Taylor said...

These are so cute, Charmaine! I was wondering when you were going to post them! Glad your kids are having fun with them!

Jami said...

Great Project! So cute and what fun!

Donna Baker said...

I'm so glad the girls are enjoying their game! only 16 more days & Gabby gets to play with her game!! I love your version!

Deborah said...

I can see why these darling cards are a hit! HUgs to you and the bugs! NO PEANUTS PLEASE! Deb

Genevieve said...

Charmaine, these are just the cutest! I may have to make something like that for my son. He loves the memory game too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails