Thursday, October 2, 2008

Prettie Color Challenge

Here is a card I made for one of the challenges from our Prettie Pajama Party last night. The challenge was to use Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette (or similar colors). This is what I came up with. I watercolored the image with an Aquapainter. Have I mentioned how I forgot how much I love to watercolor? I really just love it. It's so much faster than regular coloring with markers! I used my oval Nestabilities for the focal image and the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder for the Kiwi Kiss piece. I love how the Cuttlebug folders can add so much to an otherwise plain piece of paper. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Simply Special, Made With Love (Paper Pretties); Paper- Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette (SU); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss (SU); Accessories- Aquapainter, Oval scallop and plain Nestabilities (Spellbinders), duo satin ribbon (May Arts), Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder (Provocraft); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

14 comments:

Alex said...

Very cute Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy said...

Cute card! I like those colors.

Nancy said...

Cute card! I like those colors.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Very pretty Charmaine! Love the way you added the pink around the edges.

Catherine said...

Another gorgeous card and i really like these colors together =)

btw, i rec'd your halloween card and it's so pretty IRL..thanks again! I posted it on my blog today =)

Tiffany said...

Very pretty! I love your shadowing work. Nice job!!

Holly Young said...

oh what a cute card! I really like that distressed stripes background! Your watercoloring is so great, and way to think ahead on Mother's Day!

Kimberly Crawford said...

pretty! I think I need that Cuttlebug folder!! :)

Unknown said...

And you color so beautifully!! LOVE this card! :)

Rose Ann said...

Such pretty colors, and your coloring is so beautiful, Charmaine!! Love this!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous Charmaine!!

Beate said...

Wow! Stunning card. Your coloring is fantastic! Love the layout, love the dry embossed background!
Hugs and smiles

Deborah said...

Charmaine you are such a treat to visit each day! This card is just fabulous in every which way! Hugs to you and the bugs! Deb

Bethany Paull said...

I've been using old fashioned water coloring again lately too. I'm not sure Copics are my cup of tea. The colors ROCK! And you made such a beautiful card with them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails