It's RELEASE DAY over at Taylored Expressions in addition to World Card Making Day! The new sets are now available for purchase and there are all kinds of deals going on to celebrate World Card Making Day! (check out the What's the Deal category for starters!)
Today's featured set is Holiday Wonder! It's the newest set in the Stamp a Sweet Impression (SASI) line. I have two projects for you today using this adorable set. The first is a little house treat box. I used the Tall Gable Favor Box from Taylored Expressions. I stamped and colored the house image, cut it out, added the tree image to give a little dimension and then added Polar White Flower Soft in the appropriate spots! :) I attached the house image to the favor box along with the sentiment and some ribbon. I think it makes an adorable little Christmas gift. . .especially filled with candy or any other little gift you can think of!
For my second project, I used the sleigh image. My idea was to have it fly across the moon on a snowy Christmas Eve. It took me a while to get the sponging right, and I'm still not completely happy with it, but at least it gives the picture I was going for! :) The moon is just a circle I punched out of Choice Snow White cardstock after stamping. I also used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and black marker to add a couple of reindeer to the front of the line. I sprayed some Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist to the circle in order to make the moon shimmery. Such a beautiful effect! The papers I used on both projects are from the Christmas Key Ingredients.
Now for the World Card Making Day deals!
1. All orders placed on Saturday, October 3rd (by 11pm PST tonight) will receive a free card kit to make this card. You just provide the ribbon and stamp image!
2. 2008 Christmas stamp sets, Season's Sweetings and Home Sweet Home are available for 25% off October 3rd - October 5th. Here's a card using the Season's Sweetings set.
3. Several other products on sale at the store from 15%-25% off. Head on over to the "What's the Deal" category in the store.
4. There is a Free Download available on Taylor's Blog. You can add a "designed by" icon on the backs of your cards by just running your cardstock through your printer first! It's available for both a vertical and horizontal layout and will print for two cards on one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock. All you have to do is cut the cardstock in half, then create your cards!
5. WCMD Challenge and Prize on the Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog! Hurry because the deadline to enter is Sunday night!
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has for you today! Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon Harnist and, of course