Friday, October 2, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 2

It's Day Two of sneak peeks for the latest Taylored Expressions releases to be released tomorrow, October 3rd! Today's peeks are of Wings of Joy. If you love bird images, you will LOVE this set!


For my first project, I used one of the Clear Favor Circles to make an ornament. I stamped the birdcage image with Versamark ink inside the favor box then embossed in gold. I then stamped the image on white cardstock, colored, cut out the images and adhered them on top of the embossed gold image. I cut paper from the Christmas Key Ingredients to fit the inside of the favor box. I tied some ribbon through the top and added the sentiment.




For my second project, I used some of the music patterned paper from the Christmas Key Ingredients along with the JOY sentiment. I thought it would work well with a "Joy to the World" type sentiment. . .and you would only know that the music isn't Joy to the World if you read music! LOL I paper pieced the letters and added some Rockin' Pink Sparkly Fluff (from the Christmas Key Ingredients) to the "O". I faux stitched around the music piece using the 6X6 Stitch Doodle Dot Template from The Crafter's Workshop. The finishing touches are the ribbon and the Rhonna Christmas buttons, which are part of the Very Merry Christmas Bundle.


Be sure to stop by to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has to show you today!


Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Laurie Schmidlin
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist and, of course
Taylor VanBruggen!!

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check back tomorrow for RELEASE DAY as well as some World Card Making Day festivities! Hope to see you then!

16 comments:

Karen Giron said...

These are so cute, Charmaine! I love the gold embossed bird cage - it looks amazing!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG...you can emboss on them? WOW! Amazing creation and the joy card is just beautiful!

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!!! That gold cage is da BOMB!!! LOVE the clear favor circle that you used to create this amazing creation! SOOO amazing!!!! And love the sweet use of the papers and the joy sentiment in the second card!!! SOOO beautiful!!!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG! This is adorable-how creative!

Jackie Pedro said...

Charmaine, this is so CUTE! Such cleverness!!!

Jami said...

Oh my heavens that ornamnet is AWESOME!!! What a super fun and cute idea! Your card is also adorable - the music paper works perfectly (I don't rad music so I'll never know! LOL!)

Karen Motz said...

Super CUTE Charmaine! I love that you used the music paper...reminds me of birds singing. :)

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the bird cage in that clear favor circle...and the music background is SOOOOO great with the Joy image!!

Taylor said...

What a sweet ornament, Charmaine!! I love the gold embossed cage idea and your Joy card is beautiful with the paper pieced letters!

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS Charmaine! LOVE LOVE LOVE the ornament you created! That is SO totally awesome! GORGEOUS girlie!!

Annie said...

I agree withe everything that was said above, especially with the gold cage being da BOMB! :)Absolutely awesome!

Pam Varnell said...

Love, love, love that ornament Charmaine. Too cute. And your Joy card is just precious too. Love them both.

Dawn Easton said...

Charmaine, your projects are amazing! Love what you have done!

Sharon Harnist said...

I never would have thought to stamp directly on the bubble package, Charmaine -- that's brilliant and looks wonderful gold embossed! What a sweet & unique ornament! And your JOY card is awesome -- I love the musical paper paired with the green cardstock & buttons and your image is colored so sweetly!

Unknown said...

FABulous projects!! That birdcage is truly wonderful - great ideas and designs as always and what a great release!! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Doing the bird cage in gold makes it look so real! And I love the sheet music card. You definitely could have fooled me as to which music it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails