Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek - Day 1

It's time for another release at Taylored Expressions! Today starts the sneak peeks of the new sets! Today's feature is the newest set in the Lasting Impressions collection called Christmas Blessings. It's perfect for religious Christmas cards.


For my first card, I used some of the SEI Christmas Mint paper that will be available at Taylored Expressions. I thought it would be neat to stamp the Wise Men image in white craft ink on dark cardstock. I used the Long Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities to create a matte for the image. Tip: The die cut scallop matte was too long to fit the image, so I cut it in half, lined up and overlapped some of the scallops to make it fit the image. I also added a Tiny Twinkle to the star in the sentiment.


For my second card, I did my old standard. . .a one layer card with embossing! I stamped the image on the white cardstock, then placed a Plain Rectangle Nestabilities die over the image and ran it through the Cuttlebug to emboss the frame. Then I masked the card leaving the image open for me to use the Bouncing Brayer Technique. Very simple, but I think it gives a beautiful result. I added some brads and gold ribbon as finishing touches!

Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has created for today's sneak peeks!

Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jodi Collins
Laurie Schmidlin
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist and, of course
Taylor VanBruggen!!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for peeks of another new set! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Christmas Blessings (Taylored Expressions); Ink- Whisper White Craft (SU), Onyx Black (Versafine), Kaleidacolor; Paper- Christmas Mint (SEI), Snow White Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Accessories- Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Plain Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ticket corner, oval and scallop oval punches (SU), ribbon (Darice), brayer, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions), brads (Making Memories); Finished cards measure 5.5"x4.25"

15 comments:

Taylor said...

OOoooh...those are so pretty, Charmaine! The white on chocolate image looks almost like silver embossing and the bouncing brayer technique...must try that! Such a pretty result!

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS Charmaine! I ADORE both but that second one takes my breath away!!!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

I see we both had the same idea going with that gorgeous brown foiled snowflake paper and the Wise Men, Charmaine! Yours is gorgeous -- I love the white silhouette on dark cardstock, I never would have thought of that! Beautiful brayered manger background, too!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow! Charmaine, your cards are beautiful!! I SO wish I could make one layer cards look as gorgeous as you do! That bouncing brayer technique is something I will have to try because the effect is just stunning!! :-)

Karen Motz said...

These are gorgeous Charmaine! Love the bouncing brayer technique and the wise men image looks wonderful stamped in a light colour on dark cardstock.

Jami said...

Both cards are bewutiful Charmaine! I've been wanting to try an embossed one layer card as well and I love your idea of using the bouncing brayer technique! Lots of impact!

Denise Marzec said...

These are both totally gorgeous...but I'm especially lovin' that second one. That blue really pops against all the white!!

Jackie Pedro said...

You are definitely Queen of the bouncing brayer technique! Gorgeous cards, Charmaine!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Charmaine! Love the blue color on the second one... looks so pretty! You are one busy girl... don't know how you do it with a newborn. :o)

Dawn Easton said...

Charmaine, these are both STUNNING! I love your one layered card!!

Karen Giron said...

Wow - I'm speechless, these are just gorgeous! I love the sky in the second card - that is really amazing!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are absolutely stunning, Charmaine! Both of them are so elegantly done. Beautiful!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful creations! Love the effect of the bouncing brayer technique! Perfect backdrop for this image!

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!!! That bouncing brayer technique is AWESOME!!! I LOVE the effect that it created with the beautiful nativity scene!!! HOW LOVELY!!!! You totally created some beautiful Christmas cards - love the wise men card and the beautiful way to stamp that scene in white! awesome ideas!!!! you SOOOo RoCk Charmaine!!! I seriously don't know HOW you do it all!!! You are amazing!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Unknown said...

Amazing!! You always make that bouncing brayer just look fabulous!!! LOVE it! This set is on my list - great for beautiful cards!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails