Thursday, October 1, 2009

Flower Soft October Challenge

The Flower Soft October Challenge theme was Halloween. I thought quite a bit about what to do with that theme and I ended up using some embossing. I used the Haunted Halloween Cuttlebug folder for the background. Then I used the Calendar Borders & Centers from JustRite Stampers. The frame had leaves circling "October", so I used Autumn Flower Soft to cover the leaves. I think the Autumn mix is my favorite. . .at least right now! :) I also added some chipboard numbers to mark the date of Halloween. For finishing touches, I added the ribbon and faux stitching.

Be sure to stop and see what the rest of the Flower Soft Design Team created using the Halloween theme:

Jennifer Buck
Niki Estes
Carole Burrage
AJ Otto
Sharon Johnson
and October guest Jeanne Streiff!

Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Calendar Borders and Centers (JustRite Stampers); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paper- True Black, Orange Zest (PTI); Accessories- Autumn Flower Soft, ribbon (Darice), white gel pen, Haunted Halloween Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft); Finished card measures 5.5"x4.25"

6 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very cute!!

Unknown said...

So cute, Charmaine! What a great way to use that JustRite calendar set!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the orange/black/touch of green on the ribbon and the perfect Flower Soft placement!

Anonymous said...

O M G!!! This is perfect, what a smart idea with the house! You rock girl! How are the kids?

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow-- what a fabulous Halloween design! I really love how you've used the FS as a border here...great texture all around!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your October 31 idea -- very cool!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails