Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Warm Thoughts

This time of year, I'm always looking for ideas for "little somethings" I can give to people just to say thanks and that I appreciate them. This year, for the first time, we interact with 3 crossing guards on our way to school every day. I thought something like this would be perfect for a crossing guard! I wish I could have the hot cocoa already made and hand them a warm mug as we pass, but this will have to do! LOL

I used the Something Sweet set from Just Rite Stampers. You can find it (and many other Just Rite products) at Stamper's Dream. I colored the image using Copic markers. The "folder" was made using a 4.25"x11" piece of cardstock and folding to make the pocket. I punched holes on either side and threaded ribbon to hold the pocket together. Simple, but cute I think. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Something Sweet (JustRite Stampers); Ink- Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Creamy Caramel (SU); Paper- Colorful Christmas (My Mind's Eye), Dark Chocolate (PTI), Prism; Accessories- Copic markers, circle and scallop circle punches (Marvy Uchida); Finished pocket measures 5.5"x4.25"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE, Charmaine! Love the little gift idea, and you used my favorite colors! :)

margot said...

Love this idea! So very versatile. It's not girly or cutesy so can be given to a man also. I volunteer at my kids' high school. I am there quite often so know a lot of people I would like to give a little something to - something not so big as to embarass them or make them feel they needed to reciprocate. This is perfect and could work for teabags also.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea and so thoughtful. Love the way you made the pocket.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So toasty and warm!! Love the colors and your little pouch of coca!! Great idea to thank the crossing guards!!

Jennifer Holmes said...

This is such great timing - I've been wanting to make some hot cocoa and hot apple cider gifts for co-workers and friends. Thanks for the inspiration and the great idea!

Susan N. said...

What a cute idea. I had been looking for an idea that I can make for the residents of the nursing facility that my mom lives. Thanks for sharing your creation.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute cocoa holder Charmaine. Love the colors and that image. TFS!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Very cute and a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails