Thursday, October 25, 2007

Basic Pomegranates

This was for this week's Color Challenge on SCS, Basic Pomegranates. . .to use Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky. I thought this was a striking color combination and not something I would normally put together! I used my Cute Curls set from Cornish Heritage Farms. I made a staff out of the one swirly line stamp and used the music note for the tune of "Happy Birthday". I had to fill in the music note and add or take away the flag in order for the rhythm to be correct. . . one of the downfalls of being married to a Professor of Music--it drove him nuts! :) He gave up trying when some of the flags didn't totally come off. I know that most of you would probably never notice, but for those of you who are musically inclined, hopefully you will find this amusing! :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Cute Curls (Cornish Heritage Farms); Paper- Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate (SU); Ink- Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky (SU); Accessories- double stitched ribbon in Purely Pomegranate, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches (SU), bling, Cuttlebug Swirls folder.

16 comments:

Jenn in GA said...

your post made me laugh because my sister, the musician, would also be bugged by this and miss the beauty of this card! what can you do with those left brain types but love 'em.

i don't have any basic gray or i'd give this a try! very nice...love your twist on the curls...wonderful original.

Julie Campbell said...

What a BRILLIANT card! I have this set too, but I would have never thought to put all of that together! I LOVE IT! It's going in my "save" file!

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know a thing about music, but my brother is a musician. I'm sure he'd miss the beauty, too.

I think this card is lovely!

Rose Ann said...

These colors look very nice together, and your card is very pretty and unique. Great job!

Alli Miles said...

LOVE IT! Great use of the set...very clever. Aren't Kim's sets sweet?

Shannan Teubner said...

Of COURSE you know I love this card!!! So great!

Anonymous said...

Very clever! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love these colours and the layout!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I love this card Charmaine! love all the curls!

Unknown said...

I can see how that would bug your husbands - that staff is just a big "off" huh?? But as a stamped card I do LOVE it!! All the elements you used worked so well together!! Oh and I tagged you today - ;)

Christi Flores said...

Awesome card! That stamp is great!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! ! this is just adorable!! love that CHF rubber! ;) too, too cute!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! I totally thought that was all one stamp until I read further. Fabulous card!

Linda said...

My birthday is December 7, *hint, hint*....

As a musician, I can totally appreciate that card.

We have a framed panoramic poster that I bet you and your hubby would like: http://www.marketing.org/awards/procomm-awards/print-27-37/default.html

scroll down about halfway to "Division 33"

(I can probably get you one if you like it, lol!)

Heather said...

Nice card! And I think any "expert" is bugged by inaccuracies. My favorite part of your card is the music.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohhh, I like this, it's cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails