Thursday, October 11, 2007

Basic Rocks

This was for this week's Color Challenge on SCS,
Basic Rocks, to use Basic Gray, Basic Black and River Rock. At first I thought this color combo was a little bland, but when I actually started putting the card together, I realized it was a really classy, elegant combo! It could work well for masculine cards too! I stamped the leaves on the Basic Gray cardstock with Alabaster Chalk ink. The leaves on the River Rock piece are stamped in Basic Gray and River Rock and then glitter is added on top of the Basic Gray leaves. The thin strip of Basic Gray happened because once I stamped the sentiment, it needed something to give it focus. It was floating too much. I added the thin strip of cardstock to give some separation, then I decided to try paper piercing for some dimension. I really like how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope the weather's not as chilly for you as it is for us today! :) SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Stem Silhouettes; Ink- Basic Gray, River Rock, Basic Black, Alabaster Chalk ink; Paper- Basic Gray, River Rock, Basic Black; Accessories- gray grosgrain ribbon, double stitched ribbon in River Rock, Making Memories brads, Quickie glue pen, glitter, paper piercer.

19 comments:

Carol said...

I saw this card on SCS and absolutely loved it! It was my favorite of all the color challenge cards this week. I love the different colors of flowers, the separation of the sentiment, paper piercing - really everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is beautiful!
I felt the same way about the color combo. I didn't think it would look all that great but when I was done with the card I loved it!
Have a great week! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as usual... you never stop amazing us. Keep up the inspirations.

Rose Ann said...

Who knew Basic Gray could look so gorgeous! Love your card!!

Amy said...

Wow, this is beee-----uuuuuu--tttttt----ful! Awesome card, Charmaine! So glad to have you on board over at VV, you are a tremendous talent!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

Beautiful, elegant card Charmaine - your design is super!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

What a beautiful card.

Pam Speidel said...

I would have never put these colors together, but it is so elegant! Love your layout and the stamp set you've used. Beautiful work Charmaine, as always! :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful card! I felt the same way when I saw the color combo, but I have seen so many pretty cards using that combo. It was a fun challenge!

Kelley said...

Great card! Very elegant! I have trouble coming up with elegant cards for certain people and always end up going the "fun" route. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jill said...

Beautiful card! You always do quality work. :)

Melissa said...

I love this!

Jenn in GA said...

i clicked on this to see the detail, and i was again amazed! love the sparkle on the leaves and the extra sprinkle of black that's also on the main image.

we're having weather today that's 20 degrees cooler than it was yesterday, and i'm sooooo ready for it! bring on the coolness...we've had enough summer here to last us til next year.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! It is so elegant!!

kathy said...

nI saw the challenge but didn't have basic gray or I would have done it. Love your card it is very elegant

Nancy Riley said...

You hit the nail on the head with your classy and elegant description of this card, Charmaine! Gorgeous!

Scrapping Donna said...

This card is very elegant. I just love the stamp and the colour combo.

Donna

Kelly said...

All I can say is wow! What an amazing card! You are way above me in regards to making cards... mine are so simple in comparison.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Georgous! Who would have thought these colors together could be so stunning?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails