Friday, October 5, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #22

I started Beate's sketch with the stamp set. . .my newest stamp set. I chose "fall" colors and thought the Apple Cider Designer paper would work well. The acorns are inked up in Really Rust, "rocked 'n rolled" in Close to Cocoa, tops colored with a Chocolate Chip marker, cut out and mounted on dimensionals. The only thing I didn't have that I would have liked for this card is a "fall" sentiment like "Falling For You" or "Fall Y'All". I finally settled on using this sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb stamp set. The leaves ended up looking kind of plain, so I added the piercings around them.
I thought it gave it a little depth. I wasn't sure about the striped paper, but it's growing on me! I'm excited to see what beautiful creations Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori and Sharon have in store for us! How about you? SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Autumn Fest, Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Apple Cider DS, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip; Ink- Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Chocolate Chip; Accessories- paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, double stitched ribbon in Wild Wasabi, Coluzzle Circle template.



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful fall card! I love it!

Jennifer Aviles said...

GASP! Charmaine, this is FABULOUS!!!!!!

Jenn in GA said...

awesome and awe inspiring. i agree with jenn--i gasped too when i saw this. you have a fabulous eye for detail--gotta get a piercing kit soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Charmaine! This is so beautiful! I LOVE your choice of papers...and that striped paper is perfect! :-)

Alex said...

Charmaine, you have outdone yourself - this card is truly gorgeous!! I love the fall looks, and you did Beate's challenge real justice. I just love the way you stamp! You rock girl!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nicole Steele said...

Charmaine, this card is beautiful! I have the Apple Cider paper but I haven't broken into it yet. I'm spending the weekend scrapbooking and stamping so I'll be using it then. I hope you don't mind if I CASE it! And the paper piercing was the perfect touch, by the way.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Charmaine this is georgous! I thought your stamped leaves were paper, very nice!

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love your colors, fall is here.

Carol said...

Love the piercing around the leaves and the dimension to the acorns! Great card!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a pretty Fall card!! I love the popped acorns and paper piercing! This is a beautiful sample for Beate's challenge! Love it!

Melissa said...

Holy mackerel! This is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

the striped paper is terrific!!! WOW! Everything about this card is sensational!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

cute card Charmaine! love the images! I finally got a chance to use some of the yummy ribbon you sent me today! YYAAY!

Bethany Paull said...

Very nice! I love the piercing around the leaves and the acorns on top.

Alli Miles said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the colours, the "pops", EVERYTHING. Also, congrats Prettie Girl! So glad it is official. Can hardly wait to get to know you better.

Deborah said...

Great job otn this sketch!

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT card! Love the paper piercing around the leaves and the 3-D acorns!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine this is sooo pretty! Love the paper piercing around the leaves.

Anonymous said...

I love the fall colors!

Kelly said...

Wow! Lovely card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails