Tuesday, October 9, 2007

To See Or Not To See. . .

. . .that was the Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS yesterday, to make an acetate card. This is the first acetate card I've made. I've always liked them when I've seen them, but never got around to actually making one. This was a lot of fun. I used the See You Around jumbo wheel with StazOn Cotton White on the transparency, and I have to say it was difficult to keep the wheel from sliding rather than rolling. Next time I try an acetate card, I will definitely use a stamp rather than a wheel. I added some Waterfall Stickles and bling from Walmart on the acetate to add some "bubbly" fun. The focal image is colored with Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and River Rock with an Aquapainter. The other difficult thing about this card was photographing it. It's hard to get good lighting without creating a glare! Hope your day is off to a great start! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Silly Sealife, See You Around jumbo wheel; Ink- Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock, Regal Rose, StazOn Cotton White; Paper- Blue Bayou, River Rock, Whisper White, transparency; Accessories- Waterfall Stickles, bling from Walmart, paper piercer, Aquapainter, organdy ribbon by Darice.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Charmaine, it really "feels" to me that the whale is swimming in water!

AJ said...

I just love these clear cards! (still haven't tried one!!) Yours is just adorable! love that whale!! So cute!

Alex said...

Stinkin' cute Charmaine - I love that whale and your acetate card is awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane Gilbert said...

This is soooo cute, the whale was perfect for this challenge! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

looks great!

Catherine said...

I love it. I have not try to make these... it's about time =)

Tina said...

This card is soooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. You did fantastic watercoloring! I love what you did with the acetate and thanks for the hint about the wheel. TFS.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is adorable, Charmaine! I love your coloring!

Anonymous said...

Very CUTE!!

Jenn in GA said...

i have to try one of these...this one is no exception to the others i've seen too...a great effect!

Melissa said...

Awesome! I have yet to stamp on acetate, but it sure looks fun!

Alhambra Club said...

OMG, WOW, this is awesome, love the acetate cards, and your is, did I say fantastic. That whale is just too cute.

Unknown said...

Oh Charmaine....I just LOVE it!

Shannan Teubner said...

So cute!!! I love it!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh, I love him! way to go on the challenge!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love Love Love how this came out!!! You chose the perfect image for it...

Hugs,
Lisa <><

Unknown said...

charmaine...this is adorable! i haven't had a chance to play around with the acetate cards yet, but i plan on having a full play day saturday...maybe i can get something done! awesome job!

Unknown said...

I've wanted to make one of those acetate cards for a while now. This is super cute. Might just make this my project class in January! Fun!

Jules said...

I need to make one of these too. What a cute card! :) Julie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring is out of this world!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

LOVE IT!!

Nancy Riley said...

Charmaine, your acetate card is adorable! I like the feel of water you created with the wheel and acetate ... perfect combination with the main whale image! Adorable!!!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE ITTTTTT!!!

Kelly said...

Great card! That's a cute whale! I love all the swirls and bling around him - perfect!

Latisha said...

these are really WOW cards, where do you buy acetate?

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely adorable! A perfect image for an acetate card.

Crafty in Calgary said...

Wow, what a fun technique- love it!

Bethany Paull said...

This is such a stunning clear card. I saw that this was a challenge and hope to try one some day soon. Your coloring rocks too.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your acetate card is too cute! I have to try one of those, TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails