Monday, October 29, 2007

Cracked Stems

This is for today's Try a New Technique Challenge at SCS, Cracked Glass. I love the way this technique looks. It worked well for me this time. Sometimes it doesn't work as well. I think it's because the cardstock I sometimes use is too thick, so it doesn't allow a "cracking" as much as a "bending" if that makes sense. I used Stem Silhouettes for this card and some Basic Grey patterned paper. I thought the velvet ribbon would go well with the Fall feel of the card.

Well, exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow, I will have a new little bundle in my arms! I can't believe it's this close. I have "to do" lists everywhere in my home. There are so many things I'd like to do or have finished before the baby comes. I don't know if I'll get to all of them, but if I do, it would make the weeks AFTER baby a lot more relaxed! :) So, I'm going to go try and cross a few things off my list! Thanks for stopping by today! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Stem Silhouettes (SU); Paper- gold, olive, chocolate (DCWV), patterned paper (Basic Grey), Pearlized Cream cardstock (Paper Accents); Ink- Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Ballet Blue (SU); Accessories- paper piercer, ticket corner punch, photo corner punch, olive velvet ribbon, clear embossing powder, brads (Making Memories).

16 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, this is soooo pretty! I love this technique!~

Kylie Swain said...

I love all your creations Charmaine. They truly are inspirational. I also wish you well for when the new addition makes their arrival.

Melissa said...

Beautiful job Charmaine! And I can't wait to see your new little bundle of joy!

Jillabella said...

Gorgeous!!! I just love this technique it's so fun. I used to get the bend marks too rather than cracking and I found if you put the image into the freezer for a few minutes, it curls and when you bend it, it cracks!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love the velvet ribbon with your image and dp Charmaine! Very pretty!

2 weeks! Oh wow! R U ready!LOL!

Melissa said...

Such a pretty card! I really like the cracked glass effect, I'll have to give that a try. That's so exciting that your baby is almost here, best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you do have 2 weeks left. Both of my boys made their arrival 2 weeks + early. I hope your new little one lets you get a few things done first. Enjoy your little miracle!

Kelly said...

Very pretty. The cracked glass looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love this! great colours and I love this stamp set with the cracked glass! I also just saw the keys you made! soo fun!!! can't wait to see the new little key you will have to add soon!

Jenn in GA said...

you really have an eye for color combinations, dear!

i hope you feel like you could leave your blog for awhile to get those things crossed off. you'll be so glad you did. anybody who could help you make those things happen? wish i lived closer...i love to organize other people's houses and help cross things off lists!

enjoy halloween with your girls!

Unknown said...

such beautiful and vibrant colors! awesome job on the challenge...as usual!

Jules said...

Good luck getting everything done before the baby arrives! I love cracked glass. It is my favorite technique that I feel is worth the extra effort. Nice work. :) Julie

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

What a Blessing to have a new little one on the way!!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colors on the flower, and the cracked glass looks so realistic!

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful!!! Can't believe the time is here already for that new blessing! It seems like you just announced you were expecting!

Laura Roth said...

Wow! So cool! I love this card...I haven't tried this technique yet but am anxious to try it soon :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails