Saturday, October 20, 2007

Quick and Elegant


This was for yesterday's Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS, Quick and Elegant. This was a great challenge for me because I've needed some cards lately on the more elegant side and quick is ALWAYS good! :) When I first saw the Stem Silhouettes set, I wasn't real impressed with it. When it was one of the sets Stampin' Up offered at a discount a little while ago, I thought I'd give it a try. After all, who can refuse discounted stamps? I LOVE this set! I use it A LOT too! I just love how delicate it is, and I don't have many (if any) delicate stamps. I usually go for the bold images or the line art. Anytime I use this set, I end up loving the finished card. Plus, it's very easy to create a quick card with this stamp set. The sentiment is from my rarely used Fancy Flexible Phrases set. I thought it worked perfectly for this card. The most time consuming part of this card was running the focal pieces through my Cuttlebug with my Nestabilities. That didn't take very long at all. I'll have to make a bunch of these cards with different sentiments from the Fancy Flexible Phrases set. I'm sure I'll be able to use them! Hope you're having a great weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Stem Silhouettes, Fancy Flexible Phrases; Paper- Paper Accents Pearlized White Cardstock (Verve Visual), Regal Rose (SU); Ink- Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip (SU); Accessories- Organdy ribbon (Darice), paper piercer, Nestabilities rectangle dies, Cuttlebug, Quickie glue pen, glitter.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is sooo soft and pretty! Definitely elegant! Beautiful take on this challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Alli Miles said...

Quick and elegant is right! This is GORGEOUS! I love how soft it is...how feminine.

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful !

Diane Gilbert said...

I Love this set also! So elegant and pretty! Beautiful card!

Sherrie said...

I love what you do with pink and this is truly elegant! Nice job with this challenge Charmaine!

Deborah said...

So soft and lovely Charmaine! I just adore this card! Deb

Melissa said...

So lovely!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just GORGEOUS, Charmaine!

Bethany Paull said...

Oooh. And it turned out beautifully. Definitely one worth repeating.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Elegant was my exact thoughts too!!!!

Love it!!!

Hugs,
Lisa B <><

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful and elegant, Charmaine! The "quick" is the icing on the cake!

Stacey said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
I love it!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! well done!

Jules said...

I really like the color on this card. Nice choice! :) Julie

Rose Ann said...

This is so delicate and elegant! I love the soft pink and piercing!

Michele Kovack said...

THis is beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails