Friday, October 26, 2007

Beate Weekend Sketch Challenge #25

Another Friday, and another wonderful Sketch Challenge from Beate! This sketch called for a Z-fold card. You can't really tell by the photo, but the left panel (polka dot panel) actually folds back to meet the fold of the card. When you pull the card open, the card would stretch to 11", with the focal image filling the left half of the inside of the card. Does that make sense? In order to keep the card closed, I mounted the sentiment on dimensionals and tucked the corner of the focal image behind the sentiment.




The inspiration for this card came from the fact that we JUST bought a minivan ! I've had this Minivanabella stamp for a while, but never used it. I thought now would be the perfect opportunity since this will be ME in a few weeks! :) (okay, maybe not with that svelte outfit and figure, but a girl can dream, right?) So head on over and see what awesome creations Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, Mary Jo and Sharon have cooked up! I'm on my way now! Thanks for visiting and Happy Friday! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Minivanabella (Stamping Bella), sentiment (Studio G clear stamp set); Paper- Nana's Kids, brown, gray, yellow (DCWV), Pearlized White cardstock (Paper Accents); Ink- Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up); Accessories- polka dot organdy ribbon from Doodliedoo, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, paper piercer, Aquapainter, blender pen, Making Memories brads.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love your minivan. We had one when our kids were tiny and I LOVED it! Now we are back to a Surburban. It's more comfortable for Austin and Lucas to have big Captain chairs.
Your card is gorgeous! I love that Bella stamp. Makes me smile every time. It's so true!
I love the colors you picked, the closure (I am so glad I am not the only one that needs "closure" on this card) and your coloring!
Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

What a scream! I love your card... the stamp is adorable! Colors so cheery!

Basement Stamper said...

Charmaine, this is so cute and I need to break mine out and ink it up! Hope your pregnancy is going well and you are counting down the weeks! I know I am, Dr. says 3-4 more weeks for me.

Anonymous said...

love that stamp!! too cute!! great card!

Anonymous said...

How adorable. I love this stamp set..and have had my eye on it. great job!

Alhambra Club said...

What a fantastic card,love that image, too cute.

Laura said...

Congratulations on your minivan! Cute card!

Christi Flores said...

This card is adorable!! I LOVE that stamp! :)

Dana said...

Awww, I love this Charmaine! When we went shopping for a family vehicle a few years ago, everyone wanted to sell us a minivan, but we wanted a station wagon! Car dealers kept telling us that we needed a minivan but we ignored them. Now, my DH says "We should have gotten a minivan." LOL.

Jennifer Aviles said...

Charmaine, this is ADORABLE! So happy, so cute!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

love your card Charmaine! Enjoy your minivan! I actually find myself wishing I had one at times!LOL!

Anonymous said...

She looks just like you! Hope you love your minivan as much as I love mine! I love this stamp, and your card is adorable!

Jenn in GA said...

what were you driving before the minivan? i loved ours too while we had it, but i really like our suburban now. what a fun card! enjoy those last days of pregnancy and sleep!

Stephanie said...

ooh, so cute...i love the card!! i'm counting down the pregnancy days with you - ugh, i still have 3 more weeks. good luck and congrats!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine...welcome to the 'Minivan world'!!! We also bit the bullet and got one two kids ago! This card is just the cutest!!! Congratulations!!! :-)

Unknown said...

What a cute card! and a great sketch! Congrats on the minivan - you will love it!!!

Jules said...

This is a great card! I immediately thought of you when I saw the card! I've fought the minivan for 5 years now. We only have 2 kids...but now THEY want one! Have a great weekend! :) Julie

Rose Ann said...

What a cute card for Beate's sketch! Enjoy your minivan! We love ours!

Momsnack said...

What a cute card - instantly reminded me of gd & her 4 and their mini-van! Wish I had that stamp!
NancyS (momsnack)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails