Friday, October 12, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #23

Another Friday and another wonderful Sketch Challenge by Beate! The sketch was very simple, so I thought these new stamps of mine from Cornish Heritage Farms Kim Hughes Collection would be perfect for a simple layout. I LOVE these stamps, but they are a very different style for me. If any of you have seen the whole set, you probably know which image made me HAVE TO HAVE this set! :) I started this card 5 different times and just couldn't get it right. I'm still not completely happy with it, but I think it's because it is so different from what I usually do. I finally had to leave it or start a card with a completely different stamp set. Being a little short on time, I decided to leave it. I can't wait to see what Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori and Sharon have come up with! I'm sure I will LOVE them all! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Cute Curls (Cornish Heritage Farms); Paper- Pherris Wheel and Hang Ten (Basic Grey Aged&Confused Phresh&Phunky), white (Papertrey Ink), Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!), navy (DCWV); Ink- Palette in Noir, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou (Stampin' Up!); Accessories- paper piercer, double stitched ribbon in River Rock and Wild Wasabi, aquapainter, horizontal slot punch, Night of Navy marker, bling from Walmart.




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is so pretty!!!!
Big cyber hug from Portland!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Charmaine I love this!! The fun colors, DP, and bling...they're all just perfect!

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful, love the bling on the trees and that beautiful bird.

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I love this! I just got this set too and it's nice to see some new examples! I love the sparklies in the trees too!

Melissa said...

Lovely card Charmaine! I think I just may be able to participate in Beate's Sketch Challenge this weekend!

Shannan Teubner said...

So pretty and I love the bling! (of course!)

Heather said...

Cheep cheep! Really nice card- I especially like that plaid background.

Deborah said...

This card is great! It matches your blog banner!Deb

Bethany Paull said...

Hmmmmmm...Couldn't have been the ladybug, huh? LOL. This is my favorite of Kim's new stamp sets. Love seeing you working with it already. Totally cute card.

Christi Flores said...

This card is beautiful!!

Rose Ann said...

Pretty, pretty card!! I love the bird and paper, and the bling in the trees. It's all just so lovely!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love Love Love this!!!!

Hugs,
Lisa B<><

BarbK said...

Beautiful card, Charmaine. You can take any stamp and make it your style, don't kid yourself, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails