Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bling!

This was for this week's Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS, BLING! and for the Sketch Challenge. The Ways To Use It Challenge was to use anything sparkly on your card and "glam it up." I used the Winter Wonder set from Verve Visual's latest release! I just love all of the different snowflakes in different sizes in this set. The fonts are so classy too. If you haven't checked out the new sets, go and do that. . .you won't believe the price!

I stamped the snowflakes in Taken With Teal ink on patterned paper from the DCWV All Dressed Up Stack. I overstamped some of them with Craft White. I added Icicle Stickles on top of the snowflakes for sparkle. For the focal piece, I stamped the sentiment in Taken With Teal 3 times without reinking. I stamped some snowflakes on that piece with the Tsukineko glue pad and sprinkles Dazzling Diamonds glitter over that. As a finishing touch, I paper pierced the inside edge of the card. Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Winter Wonder (Verve Visual); Ink- Taken With Teal, Craft White (Stampin' UP!), glue pad (Tsukineko); Paper- All Dressed Up Stack (DCWV), Basic Black, Taken With Teal, Whisper White (Stampin' UP!); Accessories- polka dot organdy ribbon (unknown), paper piercer, Icicle Stickles.

16 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Fabulous! Love the colors you've used Charmaine! WOW!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I am so jealous. That is a beautiful card, Charmaine.

Linda said...

Do you use a real sewing machine on most of your cards? Do you just poke holes or use thread? Inquiring minds want to know....

Unknown said...

Charmaine, this is so pretty! What a great challenge, I might need to carve out some time for that one. And a glue pad, that's been on my list for a while. Thanks for pushing me over the edge!

Anonymous said...

That card is beautiful! It's so wintery!

Laura said...

Hi Charmaine, I just found you blog and love it! I am pretty new to SCS and am still finding fun new blogs every day. I will be back! TFS. Laura

Jenn in GA said...

you are causing me to yearn for a paper piercing mat and template! i wish SU sold the needle with the mat kit! very nice card...the price at VV is amazing!

Donna Baker said...

so pretty!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your pretty, sparkly snowflake card!!

Maria said...

The background is fabulous! I love the the colors! Great colors for Christmas and snowflakes!

Maria

Sherrie said...

I'm so happy for you that you are part of this talented team. Just LOVE that new set, looks so pretty in the blue!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love the colors. And I meant to pop over and congratulate you on your new DT position! YEAH!!!!

I also love the new Kim Hughes stuff too-Ill be ordering really soon-I love your card-even though you said you didnt :D

Nancy Riley said...

GLAMOROUS card, Charmaine! Love all the bling, and the paper piercing on the side of the card!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is just gorgeous, Charmaine! Bling, bling!!!

Jill said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the blues with the white and of course the bling is just perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails