Saturday, October 27, 2007

Christie's Challenge

Christie at Paper Pretties challenged the Prettie Girls this month. She sent us each a HUGE ring to create something with. It couldn't be for storage of ribbon or cardstock, but something you could give as a gift or decoration. When I received my ring, the only thing that came to mind was a key ring. So, I decided to go with that and make the "Keys To My Heart". I had this big wooden key (meant for hanging keys on), so I traced it on some chipboard and made my keys. I filled each key with a picture and a word or name that labels a piece of my heart. Any journaling will go on the back of the keys. I'm so glad Christie challenged us to do this because now I have a sort of scrapbook!


Thanks for visiting today! Hopefully I'll be able to stamp a bit. We have a Halloween party to go to tonight, so I'm distracted with last minute costume details! Have a safe weekend! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Spunky Alphabet (SU); Paper- Cutie Pie DS, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate (SU); Ink- Basic Black (SU) Accessories- giant ring, various ribbon.

20 comments:

Barbara P said...

This turned out great! What a awesome gift to give someone. TFS & inspiring us on your blog.

Amy said...

really, really cute Charmaine!

hugs,
amy

Anonymous said...

What a creative idea! Great job. It's adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is really, really creative! LOVE what you did...just awesome!

Vera Matson said...

Super cute and very clever!

Michelle L. said...

That is such a cute, clever and creative idea! I love it!

Jan Scholl said...

That would be a great submission for Paper Trends http://scrapbooktrendsmag.com/paper_trends.html

send it in!

Anonymous said...

Love it, what a fabulous idea.

Jenny said...

ooohhhh.... fabulous project. great idea for a Christmas present for grandparents.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

How Sweet is this...Very clever!!!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful idea, charmaine! they are absolutely adorable!

Nancy Riley said...

How creative is THIS?!!!! Just adorable, unique, and one-of-a-kind! How on earth did you CUT the chipboard?

Alli Miles said...

Oh aren't you clever! *lol* This is a fabulous project. Great idea Charmaine. Not sure WHAT to do with mine yet. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.

Jillabella said...

OMG I love this!!!! I'm still staring at the ring and I have no clue...nothing but hanging my 'stamp rag' on it so it's up and out of my way! LMAO

Bethany Paull said...

WAY too creative! Oh so gorgeous. Amazing Charmaine.

Kristine Reynolds said...

This is really cute Charmaine! What a great idea!

Heather said...

Oh how cute. I can see the Grandparents loving those keys!

Jen said...

The keys to your heart--how cute. What a great inventive kind of scrapbook!

Anonymous said...

If this isn't just the BEST! Great idea!!

Amy said...

Loved this. Wonderful idea!! I wanna make one too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails