Friday, October 19, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #24


This is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I LOVE the sketch and I decided to look for a stamp set that I haven't used in a long time. I got this MSE set a long while ago because I loved it, but I just couldn't seem to make the images work to my liking. So, it's been on the shelf since. I think it's because the images are made up of words rather than a solid image. I chose the lighthouse from the set and used the starfish for the background for a nautical theme. I thought the jumbo brads worked well for this, as did the hemp. I'm still having a difficult time with this set, but maybe if I just work with it more, I'll start having an easier time. Be sure and check out what Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori, Mary Jo and Sharon have created! I'm sure they will be more than inspiring! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday!SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- By the Sea Sentiments (MSE!); Paper- Brocade Blue, Whisper White (SU), patterned paper (DCWV); Ink- Whisper White Craft ink, Night of Navy (SU); Accessories- hemp, jumbo eyelets (SU), paper piercer, clear embossing powder.

21 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

Ooh, this is ca-ute! I love the water-patterned paper and your very cool color scheme, Charmaine!

Anonymous said...

Oh..I love the images made of words concept! The sentiment is wonderful, stay the course....beautiful job, as always with the sketch this week, Charmaine! I LOVE looking at your stuff! :)

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely card, the lighthouse word stamp is great.

Sharon Harnist said...

What an interesting image, made up of words, Charmaine! You've complimented it so well with the color scheme and water patterned paper -- love it!

Lauren (mytime) said...

What a great beachy card. That PP is perfect!! Love this

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Charmaine. I love how you added the star fish background, the paper piercing and those big old eyelets!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the sketch! I love the image.

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is so pretty! I didn't see that the image was made of words at first...how unique! And that paper looks just like water!!! You have such a wonderful eye for design!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is nice! I love those big eyelets, TFS!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this!!!! Love the Sentiment!!!

Hugs,
Lisa B <><

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Charmaine,
I love the two-toned colors..Wonderful card! have a great weekend. Chris

Bev said...

Great card! I love your use of the water paper - I never know how I can use those types of paper when you get them in a pack and don't really want them. By the way, it's Bev, not Shannon....ck out your comment for me! LOL ;)

Love it!
Bev

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love what you did with this image. very pretty. I need to go try this sketch challenge!

Shannan Teubner said...

Such a pretty card, Charmaine!!

Jill said...

Very pretty Charmaine! I love those big eyelets.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I see what you mean..
None of my business but what if you inked part of the stamp to a different color to deal with the lack of dept...

just thinking out load..
Love the rest of it..


Mar

Jenn in GA said...

i like everything about this, including Stay the Course, except the image! i can see why you found it challenging to work with. but the water-patterned dp, the brads, the stamped starfish, and particularly the hemp pull it off! good to challenge yourself!!

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous! I love the twine and paper you chose too!

Unknown said...

What a great sketch and your card is beautiful -as usual!! The colors are very soothing!

Bethany Paull said...

I love the watery paper you used with this, and the "nautical" accessories. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. Love all the details and how it all flows/coordinates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails